Archer MR400 disconnect from internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR400 disconnect from internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
67 Reply
Re:Archer MR400 disconnect from internet
2020-03-20 06:23:15

@Bonn 

The never gave me any beta firmware, just said I need to return the router to the store where I bought it. After going though basic diagnosis. I can take it back as the store I got it from is closed due to Coronavirus and I am lockdown. Sadly tplink did not care I was stuck without internet in this troubling times. Instead they just left me with nothing. I bough another router from anothr company and I have yet to see have single problem. I will never buy tplink product again. 

Options
2020-03-20 07:25:12

@Kittentakara

I'm having the same problem with my MR400 v1. I got the beta firmware for my MR400 but its not better than the previous version, I'm still having disconnection problem I'm going to replace it soon with a different router and from what I have seen in the forum, all the 4G routers seems to be plagued by the same disconnection problem since last year and they had a lot of time to fix it.

I'm really frustrated because I have to restart the router several times a day to finally be able to restore the internet speed back to normal and browse anything and that would only last a few hours, sometimes a few minute which I think is also caused by the lack of 4G Band Lock or Selection which causes instability when it automatically switches between different 4G bands and I have to restart the router many times again to fix the internet speed. I have to do this everyday which is getting really anoying and getting fed up with it. I bought this router to use it as my primary connection as my broadband service was shut down in my area and I don't think any fix would arrive any sooner from what I can tell. I really want to help but its getting beyond frustrating when I cannot even use my internet properly. The main purpose of a router is for using the internet and If I can't even do that I don't know what I'm suppose to do with it. The main focus should be on fixing the disconnection problem. Sorry had to vent my frustration here.

Options
2020-03-20 08:25:20

@Creeper 

no please vent, i am on the same boat as you here, I live in place with no internet or LTE signal, so i had to errect some large yagi aeriels and small tower on my property to get LTE, the router was what these were connected too, but sadly, Its keep crashing, to stage i have go and hard reboot it, somedays it crashes 5-6 times an hour, other times its fine until its put underload. The router is my life line right now, as I am in lockdown in my country and I can't get to shops and need order stuff online which i can't because of these horrible router. I ended ordering a new router, and not had a single problem since switching. I work in IT, but this first time i have used TPlink product, and I will never be using it again and will be recomending to all my clients they avoid this company too. I never seen such bad product and such poor customer service. Supprised they are allowed to sell products liike this.

Options
2020-03-20 08:37:02

@Bonn 

May I know what is the current hardware and firmware version of the Archer MR400? 

What is the led status of MR400 when it lost connection? Try to log into the web UI and get some screenshots, including status page, network-internet page. 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-03-20 08:50:15

@Kittentakara 

Hello, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused here. 

We won't reject the reasonable RMA cases. Therefore, I checked the support email you have raised, and my colleague did suggest you to get a replacement to solve your issue more quickly, and she asked the picture of the label so that we can forward your case to the local support team to handle your RMA case as the warranty policy. 

If you still have the MR400 and are willing to do further analysis, you can install the debug firmware and then we can do further analysis and try to fix it. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-03-20 09:05:00

@Creeper 

I totally understand your frustration, and our colleagues work hard and try to find a solution asap. 

You can keep in touch with us via email. 

Thanks for your support in advance. 

Options
2020-03-21 02:08:44

Same issue here, Archer MR400 V3, I' m so frustrated as I have to travel 300kms away in order to reset router and make it work, but reset works like for 10mins to 3-4 hours max so I have to reset it again and again. I really don't know what to do. Please help. This is a huge problem for a quality-not cheap product like this.

This is my second Tp Link Router and I have to say that I also had serious issues with WiFi reception with my first TP Link Router device, but I thought the actual device became faulty after 1 year of use, and proceeded with the purchase of the MR400, I can't believe that a so famous brand is making faulty products. So famous brand in my country that I also bought 3 Tapo C200 TP Link Cameras, which are useless without having a working Router.

Archer MR400 device worked flawlesly for 1 month since January 2020 purchased. Then became faulty with contineous disconnects. 

4G LTE signal reception is OK! (75-100%)

Sim card is absolutely OK! (Double checked with mobile phone for many hours without even 1 disconnect)

Created new profile per your instructions - Issue remains.

Changed IP addresses per your instructions - No change. 

Firmware is 1.9.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190307 Rel.45273n - no update available.

Please let me know what to do! Urgently PLEASE!!!!

Options
2020-03-25 13:07:59

@Kevin_Z 

Firmware Version:1.6.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 181112 Rel.65058n Hardware Version:Archer MR400 v1 00000001

See attached files for the screenshots. I've already create a new profile as previously advised in this thread.

File:
Capture 2.zipDownload
Options
2020-03-25 21:41:57

I have decided that I will never purchase TP link again. Thought I might of had bad batch in past but tried a MR400 today again, out of the box the connectivity issues started.

I keep having issues. I do 10x LTE installs a week and keep on getting issues with all models of TP Link routers:

I have installed MR600's that connect once or twice a day and sometimes have to be rebooted.

The MR200 and MR400 do the same and sometimes cannot find any internet connection at all.

I have tried 3x different isp simcards.

I take those same simcards and put them into Huawei and Zyxel LTE routers, not one problem.

I have contacted support and the beta firmwares they give do not resolve my issues.

I cannot take these units back to my suppliers as they will just credit my account. The problem is I can only purchase more TP links with that credit as that is all they stock. So I am losing money big time.

Options
2020-03-27 14:31:29 - last edited 2020-03-27 14:57:16

PLEASE let us know if there is any solution to all here having the exact same problem!

Here is my stats when Archer MR400 is disconnected, usually after 10mins to max 4-5 hours, but in my case this happens more often in 1 hour or 2

This started happens after 1 month stable connection without problems

Options
Related Articles