Three Home Signal box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Three Home Signal box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Three Home Signal box
Three Home Signal box
2019-10-20 07:01:00
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V1

Hi.  I have no mobile phone signal at home at the moment.  Three sent me a Home Signal Box but it will not connect.  All it does is flash green lights at me!  I worked out that the HS Box required a fixed line so I set up an Address Reservation.  But the HS Box will still not connect despite numerous resets of it and the MR6400.  Does anyone know a way to work around this issue please?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Three Home Signal box
2019-10-21 08:09:17

@lottiemb 

How do you connect these devices together? As a 4G router, the TL-MR6400 need work with a sim card to get internet or a modem when it works in wireless router mode. 

You mentioned that there is no mobile phone signal, what I doubt is that the MR6400 won't work cause it cannot detect the 4G singal from the ISP. 

You can provide more information and then we can give you a specific answer. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-10-21 08:42:23

@Kevin_Z 

Hi.

The TL-MR6400 has an EE 4g Sim card in it which works well and gives us our internet/broadband.  I have connected the HS Box to the TL-MR6400 using an ethernet cable and have made a permanent Address Reservation for it.

Also I have made permanent Address Reservations for our mobile phones to the TL-MR6400 but they will still not make wi-fi calls.

Many thanks.

Options
2019-10-22 06:18:52

@lottiemb 

Thanks for your explanation. So the TL-MR6400 works fine but you cannot make wifi calling; while as my knowledge, wifi calling makes you call out or text message out with smart phone connected to the wifi, there is no particular requirement for Wi-Fi from wireless router and TL-MR6400 won't block wifi calling packets; 

Below are some questions and answers:

1. What does the HS box do? How do  you connect it to the MR6400? Via ethernet cable?

2. Does ISP support wifi calling service? Have you ever applied for it?

3. Ensure that the IPsec VPN passthrough has been enabled under advanced-Nat forwarding-ALG page. 

4. Try to contact the tech support of HS box or Three to get some help.

Have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options