slow connection with windows

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-20 07:36:10 - last edited 2019-10-21 03:03:07
Model: TL-WDN4800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 9.2.0.310

Hello,

since a couple of weeks I have a problem with my internet connection via TL-WDN4800 and no idea what might be the actual problem:

I installed the device like 5 months ago. It worked fine so far but since 3 weeks the connection is extremly slow (almost modem slow if speed tests are showing correct results).

I tested Wifi connections on other devices (smartphone, laptop) but have not found any obvious issues everything seems to be fine. And I tried to reinstall Win7 Pro but it didn´t help, connection is still slow.

But then I booted with Ubuntu and tested the connection again and now connection is at "full speed". Since the card seems to work fine on Ubuntu I assume the problem is Win7Pro, but why did it work for a 5 month an then suddenly stops working? I have not changed the system or modified any settings or wahtever and why is it not working again after clean re-install of Win7Pro?

I would be very thankful for any idea on how to fix the problem. I have no idea where to start for looking for the issue.

Kind regards

UnbekannterNo1

Options
3 Reply
Re:slow connection with windows
2019-10-21 03:02:35 - last edited 2019-10-21 03:03:07

@UnbekannterNo1 

Who is your ISP and what is the bandwidth you paid? 

With Windows 7 connected to the home wifi, what is the speed you can get?  In the meantime, please click here to verify the wireless negotiation speed and send us a picture. 

Try to change another PCI-E slot to plug it. Meanwhile, did you download and install the latest driver from the official website? 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wdn4800/#Driver

Below is an instruction you can refer to to narrow down the issue. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/709/

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-11 17:32:37

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin,

thanks for your advice. I followed your tips and the links you posted.

My provider is Unitymedia (German Provider), I pay for 100 mbit and I get 100 mbit (plus/minus a bit) via cable or with a laptop.

Connection to the router is at 250-350mbit in mixed mode, security is WPA2 and there are hardly any obstacles in the way.

Router firmware is up to date as well and unfortunately my board (from 2006) has only one PCI-E slot.

Also a small update (thats why I haven´t replied earlier), during the last weeks since my initial post the connection occasionally was back to usuall speeds again.

Don´t no why, I haven´t done anything to the PC. 

I have also borrowed a USB-wifi-stick to test the connection but it didn´t work, no connection at all (might be unrelated to the initial problem, I don´t know).

Meanwhile I´m also in touch with my ISP, but they haven´t answerd yet.

Kind regards

Options
2019-11-12 05:57:12

@UnbekannterNo1 

Thanks for your reply; you can try to delete the driver under program page on the Windows 7 computer; And then try to install it with the driver downloaded from official website. 

Besides, you can search the driver online with the chipset, like the manufacturer or Github.

The chipset of TL-WDN4800 is Atheros AR9380.

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 993

Replies: 3

Related Articles