Archer MR400 Youtube/Insta/Chomecast issues certain devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-21 09:56:10 - last edited 2020-12-31 02:06:50
Model: Archer MR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Got some issues with my MR400 since a week ago. It worked fine for a month before this happened.

Some of my devices, a samsung galaxy 8, Yogapad and a chromecast got issues with streaming services, I can't watch youtube, netflix on these devices through the wifi. They can however browse the web normally.

I can't cast to the chromecast either even though it's connected to the wifi. The streaming works with a few other devices like a Oneplus 6T but it still can't cast to the chromecast.

I tried the 3 different firmware versions on the site but with the same issue. Also tried to factory reset TP-link, the yogapad and the chromecast. Still no luck.

Everything works if i change to mobile hotspot and use that as a wifi instead. uPnP is activated on the router.

Any ideas? Maybe some beta firmware to try?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer MR400 Youtube/Insta/Chomecast issues certain devices-Solution
2019-12-17 09:31:43 - last edited 2020-12-31 02:06:50

Hi all,

You can change the connection type to 3G only to test whether it works. 

Besides, in the past few days, we have been working on it and released a beta firmware for it. If the change of connection type does not work, just let me know and then we can try  to install the beta firmware to give it a go. 

Best regards. 

Recommended Solution
Options
81 Reply
Re:Archer MR400 Youtube/Insta/Chomecast issues certain devices
2019-10-22 02:07:17

@Mallevs 

Please ping these services which they cannot access, like Youtube or netflix. And please show us the screenshot of the results. 

Try to change the DNS under network-internet page to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to give it a shot. 

Try to change the wireless settings, like wireless channel.

Besides, you can give a call to one of the tech supports of these devices to get some help.

Nice day. 

Options
2019-10-22 17:54:15

@Kevin_Z They services answer to ping, youtube.com for example.

I tried with 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 and 192.168.1.1 as DNS and same result.

I tried to change the wireless channel and channel width, i also enabled guest to connect them and try it. Nothing seem to work when they are connected to this router. It works on other wifis.

I contacted google regarding the chromecast but it works in other Wifis so it's actually running. Besides it's not very likely that 3 different devices brake down at the same time with the error showing in the same way...

But I think i found the culprit. All devices that stopped working properly got 0 upload speed on tptests, it won't even connect to test the uploadspeed after download speed.

And it's only when it's connected to this router. Although I got other devices (android phone, Ipad) which work like normal.

Nothing in the settings I can do changes the result though.

Options
2019-10-23 09:05:52

@Mallevs 

Thanks for your updates, it is more clear now. 

May I know who is the sim card carrier? Have you ever tried to change another sim card to give it a go? 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-23 16:36:42

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, 

They are named Tele2 and is a Swedish company as far as I know.

I tried it today with a sim card im using for my car which works and it's the same problem. Those devices work with the car as a hotspot with that simcard aswell. It all points to the Router. Is it possible to get any usefull logs out of this router?

Options
2019-10-24 07:29:20

@Mallevs 

Thanks for your reply. Cause the current situation is a little weird, our engineer will follow up your case via email later, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.

Have a nice day 

Options
2019-11-26 19:02:37

@Kevin_Z 

Replying since I’m experiencing same strange issue as described above on Archer MR400 with Samsung S10 connected. all other devices works fine, but the samsung phone has no upload speed. My network provider is ComHem, it’s not the same company as Tele2 but uses the same network as far as I know. I

Grateful for help, very happy with the router otherwise, iphone, apple tv and microsoft surface all works perfect.

Options
2019-11-27 10:34:22

@Karl-R 

So your Samsung S10 cannot be used to watch Netflix, Youtube and some specific websites? 

Can you ping them?Try to change the DNS server on the main router and your cellphone to give it a go.

Still the same, please tell us the current hardware and firmware version of the MR400; and please show us a picture of the speed test of the smart phone.

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-27 18:44:45

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for reply.

Yes, to clarify it cannot be used to watch youtube, instagram or any connected app. It can load some websites partiallyit  Firmawarw version :1.9.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190307 Rel.45273n

Hardware version: Archer MR400 v3 00000001

Below is a picture of the speed test site, as you you might see the download speed is ok but after that it is suppose to do a upload speed test which keeps getting stuck at 0. The speed site can be reached and fully loaded though.

Pinging the services like youtube and instagram works fine, i get quick response. the dns change did not make any difference in this case as far as i can tell.

Options
2019-11-28 06:31:59

@Karl-R 

Thanks for your reply, while I cannot open the picture you attached, seems that it is invalid.  If possible, please show us another one. 

Except the Samsung S10, can you access these services with other devices, like laptop, tablet or so? Do they work well?

And who is your SIM card carrier or ISP? Where are you located as well?

Thanks in advance. 

Options
2019-11-28 10:39:04

@Kevin_Z 

Hi again,

No all other devices like ( iphone, apple tv, surface pro) to the router works fine , all services can be reached etc. 

My sim card carrier is ComHem, I’m located in sweden

New attempt  of the screenhot:

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 14971

Replies: 81