Archer MR400 Youtube/Insta/Chomecast issues certain devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR400 Youtube/Insta/Chomecast issues certain devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
81 Reply
Re:Archer MR400 Youtube/Insta/Chomecast issues certain devices
2019-12-27 11:01:45

@Kevin_Z 

Any new info? My v1 doesn't work and there's no firmware for it. I really want this fixed or a reply to my ticket with confirmation so I can get a new one on warranty from my retailer.

Just simple things like living gets harder without an internet connection. I can't turn on lights with my voice, so I'm forced to the Hue app. But since no devices have internet access, I have to be connected to my wifi. But if I'm connected to my wifi with my phone I can't do anything else with it.

So every time I need to turn on the lights I am forced to connect to wifi, turn on lights, then disconnect from wifi. It's extremely annoying.

And while I can theoretically use 3G mode on the router, I get such bad reception and speed that it's almost as if I had no connection anyway.

Options
2019-12-27 11:20:02

@nu1mlock 

Thanks for your reply. Considering the beta firmware is available for MR400 V3, the V1 router cannot install it. 

We will confirm it with our engineer whether there is another firmware for V1. Please wait a while due to the weekend.

Best regards. 

Options
2019-12-27 11:22:44

@JRendlert 

Hello, after you installed the firmware, can you use YouTube/Insta/chromecast services? 

For the speed issue, what is the bandwidth you paid for your ISP and what is the actual speed you can get from the main router? 

Please reboot the MR400 after you change it to 4G and you can adjust the wireless settings to optimize the wireless performance, including wifi channel and channel width. 

Any updates, be free to let me know.

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-30 07:38:51

@Kevin_Z Hello,

I have always been able to use youtube, chromecast and stream to tv.

But when 4G is enabled I can't connect my phone(Samsung note 10+) or my tablet(Samsung tab S6) and other androids.

On 4G before firmware update i had 56.59 Mbit/s Down, 12.20 Mbit/s Up.

Now after firmware i have 19.16 Mbit/s Down, 4.18 Mbit/s Up.

Anything that can be done?

Thanks.

/Joakim

Options
2020-01-02 00:50:06

@Mallevs 

Another one from Sweden here.

Having a similar problem, though I use the router wired to a pc. (with Tele2).

About 3 weeks ago Spotify and Facebook started to act weird. Spotify would'nt play certain songs (they were greyed out) and the facebook website didn't work properly (eternal loading of some pages etc.)

When I connect the pc to the internet via a mobile phone, everything works fine, switching the router setting to "3g-only" also makes everything work fine. But reduce the speed.

I have'nt tried the Beta firmware yet, but I will.

Options
2020-01-02 06:05:52

I experienced the exact issue as the others in the thread with my MR400 v1 using Tele2 as my provider in Sweden. I suspect the root issue is that the router doesn't get a public IP adress from Tele2 and therefore acts as a second layer of NAT.

Options
2020-01-02 18:44:58

@JensPalmqvist 

Okey, would suggest that everyone calls tele2 and ask them if they could fix whatever they might have done? 

Options
2020-01-02 19:48:28

@Davesn 

No, that seems premature and uncalled for. If @JensPalmqvist doesn't get an IP from Tele2, then there's something else wrong with his router. My router is getting IP as usual - if it were not, then none of my devices would work. But some work just fine or mostly fine, while others (Philips Hue, Home Mini, Samsung SmartThings, Nvidia Shield, Galaxy S9, Sony TV and more) doesn't work for what they're intended to do.

Simply put, most devices doesn't get full access to the Internet while others works as intended.

Most of us have this issue in this thread. I can't speak for Jens of course, but if he's having the exact same issue as us, then he does get an IP from Tele2. He's solved it by using another router. This issue is specific to the MR400 and Tele2's 4G network. If you change router or operator (ISP) everything will work just fine.

There's another "issue" with Tele2, but that has nothing to do with the MR400. I'm not sure how to explain this in the correct terms, so bear with me. But basically, it's as if Tele2 is running a NAT somewhere "after" my router, so to speak. What I mean by that is that my router gets a public IP (for example 130.163.23.55), but if I were to go to for example https://whatismyipaddress.com/ then it shows something else (for example 83.194.55.121).

I've also noticed that I cannot use port forwarding at all. They're saved in the router and all as per usual, but no matter what I do, none of my devices/ports are accessable from the "outside". This means that I can't open ports for specific games or run any kind of server from my home. It's as if Tele2 has another NAT "after" my router.

That would explain why I can't use port forwarding and it would explain why my router's IP, though a public IP of sorts, isn't the same as shown on the above mentioned website. It's obviously more involved than that, but that's a quick assumption from the almost two years I've been using Tele2 Unlimited with a data-SIM as my main Internet connection at home.

Options
2020-01-02 19:57:59

@nu1mlock

Yeah, whatsmyip and other services listed my IP as 83.x.x.x but my MR400 said it had 10.x.x.x as the WAN IP. All traceroutes from all my devices timed out on the second step all the time as well.

I have used this MR400 successfully for a long time up until the last few weeks when I moved it, I believe I had a public IP up to that point. 

AA

Options
2020-01-02 20:42:03

@JensPalmqvist 

Well, I can't speak for you obviously, but during the almost two years I've used Tele2 Unlimited in this router, I've always had a different IP on whatsmyip than what the router reports. The same goes for my mother. She also has Tele2 Unlimited and used an MR400 v2 but is now using an MR600 because the MR400 v2 doesn't have detachable antennas.

During this time I haven't been able to open ports (Warframe complains about it every time I start it) and I'm pretty sure UPnP doesn't work since Warframe is complaining about ports. I've never been able to run a server either, which is very unfortunate since I did it with my ADSL until Telia shut that down. That's how it's always been for me, but again, I can't speak for you.

You mentioned in the Reddit thread that you "solved" it by using another router (which is expected, since this issue is specific to the MR400 and Tele2's 4G network). I'm curious - do you still get the 10.x.x.x IP to that router (ignore whatsmyip, check the router itself)?

Options