Clone Wifi Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Clone Wifi Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Clone Wifi Issues
Clone Wifi Issues
2019-10-24 10:51:46 - last edited 2019-10-28 07:39:37
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.9 Build 160525 Rel.35241n

Hi,

I have a two Powerline Av600 extenders which I have cloned to have the same wifi settings as my Broadband router (Vodafone Gigabox).

I have noticed sometimes glitches that I suspect comes from devices behaving as if they were on separate wifi networks: for example.

• Audio groups on Google Home behave erratically with devices not showing on network intermittently
  • Printing over wifi to my Epson printer only seems to work if the device is located in the same room as the printer and therefore connected to the AV600. If I try to print from a device in the same room as the Gigabox it doesn't work.

I manually changed the wifi settings on each of the TP-Link devices as WPS cloning wouldn't work for me.

Would there be a setting I need to change to achieve a more seamless experience?

Thanks

Kevin

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Clone Wifi Issues-Solution
2019-10-25 07:53:52 - last edited 2019-10-28 07:39:37

@K3v1n 

We can clone the wifi settings of the powerline adapter to shorten the connection between host wifi and the TP-Link wifi, while strictly speaking, this TL-WPA4220 does not support seamless roaming, the same wifi name and password shorten the time duration to switch between two wifi networks, but cannot emilinate it.

And it is related to the clients as well; it is important that whether client supports seamless roaming or not. 

Back to your case, you can modify the wireless settings, like wireless channel and channel width; ensure the firmware is up to date; apart from this, I'm afraid that there is not much we can do. 

Best regards. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Clone Wifi Issues-Solution
2019-10-25 07:53:52 - last edited 2019-10-28 07:39:37

@K3v1n 

We can clone the wifi settings of the powerline adapter to shorten the connection between host wifi and the TP-Link wifi, while strictly speaking, this TL-WPA4220 does not support seamless roaming, the same wifi name and password shorten the time duration to switch between two wifi networks, but cannot emilinate it.

And it is related to the clients as well; it is important that whether client supports seamless roaming or not. 

Back to your case, you can modify the wireless settings, like wireless channel and channel width; ensure the firmware is up to date; apart from this, I'm afraid that there is not much we can do. 

Best regards. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Clone Wifi Issues
2019-10-25 13:30:20

@Kevin_Z Thanks that is very helpful

Options
Re:Clone Wifi Issues
2019-10-28 07:38:58

@K3v1n 

Glad to help. 

If need more help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5831

Replies: 3

Related Articles