Powerline connection did not increase after connection upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-25 16:17:53 - last edited 2019-10-25 18:00:26
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: TL-PA4010(EU)_V2_160622

My connection via the powerline adapter seems to be stuck at about 30Mbps even after I upgraded our internet connection to go up to 100Mbps.

I restarted every adapter and the rooter and this still does not change. On the other hand the PC that is directly connected with an ethernet cable tot he rooter gets the expected near 100Mbps.

When I run the TP link utility the connection between the adapter next to my PC and the adapter connected to the rooter is at least 81Mbps, why is my PC getting only up to 30 mbps like before the connection upgrade?

EDIT:

After I upgraded the firmware to TL-PA4010(EU)_V2_160622 the displayed speed bewtween the adapters on the utility increased to ~136Mbps  and the the speedtest on my PC is now goes up to 47Mbps.

Does that mean that this is the limit of the data my powerline can carry?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline connection did not increase after connection upgrade
2019-10-28 08:36:49

@manos1234 

Thanks for your updates. 

The TL-PA4010kit has the 100Mbps ports, theoretically, it can handle up to 100Mbps, while the actual speed will be lower due to the power line environment, obstacles and interferences. 

For the speed issue, first, please verify the powerline link rate between each other via the tpPLC utility; the actual speed is about 30-40% of the powerline link rate. 

Try to change different outlets to plug them; 

Besides, with your computer connected to the adapter, please click here to get the wired negotiation speed. 

Note: The steps are the same, while you need right click on ethernet or local area connection. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2153

Replies: 1

Related Articles