Connect M5 to another satellite M5 via daisy chain connection.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-28 00:50:39 - last edited 2019-11-01 03:47:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just recently bought a Deco M5 (3 pack). I have the Main Deco setup as a router. I then have a 2nd Deco setup in my hallway. The 3rd Deco is a little further to the main Deco. The 2nd Deco is in between the main and 3rd Deco in terms of distance. However, I noticed that the 3rd Deco is not connecting to the 2nd Deco that is nearer. From the Deco app, I could see that the 3rd Deco is connected to the main Deco and the signal status is very weak. Devices connected to the 3rd Deco have very slow internet speed.

I thought the 3rd Deco is supposed to connect to a nearer Deco, in this case the 2nd Deco but it is not. How can I get the 3rd Deco to connect to the 2nd Deco? Will setting 1st Deco as AP (use back but old router) help? Or satellite Decos can only connect to main Deco and do not support Daisy chain?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connect M5 to another satellite M5 via daisy chain connection.-Solution
2019-10-29 01:28:20 - last edited 2019-11-01 03:47:27

@Exia 

The Deco supports star network and daisy-chain network, so do not worry about that, the 3rd Deco can connect to the 2nd one. 

From your description, it seems that the signal strength obtained by the 3rd Deco does not reach the threshold value which does not trigger the Deco switching between different Decos.

It is suggested to move the 1st Deco and 3rd Deco further away from each other, and try to reboot the whole network system. 

And you can take longer time to verify whether it works well. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Connect M5 to another satellite M5 via daisy chain connection.
2019-10-28 05:23:04 - last edited 2019-10-28 18:02:55

In my case

1st node (router mode) - 2nd floor

2nd node (wifi) - 1st floor

3rd node (wifi) - G floor

at first the 3rd tried and connecedt to 1st node, but few hours or half day later it connected to 2nd node.

Options
Re:Connect M5 to another satellite M5 via daisy chain connection.
2019-10-28 06:48:20 - last edited 2019-10-28 18:02:55

@47Cosmos So the 3rd node can connect to the 2nd node? In that case, I'll try to leave them on a little longer and see. Thanks.

Options
Re:Connect M5 to another satellite M5 via daisy chain connection.-Solution
2019-10-29 01:28:20 - last edited 2019-11-01 03:47:27

@Exia 

The Deco supports star network and daisy-chain network, so do not worry about that, the 3rd Deco can connect to the 2nd one. 

From your description, it seems that the signal strength obtained by the 3rd Deco does not reach the threshold value which does not trigger the Deco switching between different Decos.

It is suggested to move the 1st Deco and 3rd Deco further away from each other, and try to reboot the whole network system. 

And you can take longer time to verify whether it works well. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 9683

Replies: 3

Related Articles