Smart plugs loose connection to network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-28 07:41:58
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Setup 5 of these plugs on my network, all worked fine till yesterday evening when Kasa app told me they were  "device unreachable" and the light on all plugs turned red. As in the UK I'm using a BT router which is working fine so for example I can connect to my Tado heating system etc. 

Ive seen a couple of posts where these plugs are disconnected if these are not reliable they will have to be returned. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart plugs loose connection to network
2019-10-29 10:31:01

@Geoff103 

Thanks for your requesting. 

It is rare that all the 5 smart plugs are unreliable, so I assume that it is the common wireless connection, which we can do some troubleshooting on it. 

First, try to power cycle the HS100 and the main router to verify whether they can reconnect to the host wifi. 

If still the same, you can pick up one of them and hold the settings button for 10s and reconfigure it; after that, you can check the firmware version and the signal strength on the device settings page. And take some time to test its performance; you can add the rest smart plugs one by one then.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 971

Replies: 1