Setup timed access via Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-28 10:03:13 - last edited 2019-10-29 05:50:27
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 50

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

Ufabet

ISP :

Model Archer C8_V1
Firmware version 4.0.0 Build 20160517 Rel. 44603

I am trying to setup a time restriction on my router. I have tried shading the desired times in green and saving them; this doesn't work. I then reversed this and tried again only to find this doesn't work either! Basically I am a carer and I need to ensure the internet totally switches off at 21:00 and then back on at 08:00. They have a tablet which I can remove at bedtime but they have a games console and Smart TV which cannot be removed each night.

I have tried most of the settings but simply must be missing something

Any advice would be welcomed

Options
2 Reply
Re:Setup timed access via Parental Controls
2019-10-29 05:49:55 - last edited 2019-10-29 05:50:27

@nutnkss55 

The Archer C8 does not support wireless schedule or auto reboot feature, we cannot setup certain time period to turn on/off the network.

While if you want to block the online devices access internet, you can use access control to give it a go.

Instruction attached below: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/561/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Setup timed access via Parental Controls
2019-10-29 12:40:19
Does your router's guest network support a schedule? If so, move them to the guest network. Also, there is the simple electronic timer plug so the router is powered off and on at set times. Just do not let them know that it is a simple plug controlling the router. You can use the TP-Link smart plug or a Wyze plug that looks less like the mechanical timers. Just beware that you can not control any WIFI controlled smart plug with your router off.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 2

Related Articles