TP-Link AV2000 Adapter power line light flashing green and red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-28 17:38:12
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey guys, new issue now.

My main adapteer connected to the router is flashing red and green on th epowreline light (the middle light). What does this mean and any idea how I can fix it? I've tried unplugging it and plugging it in again, but nothing changed. Also tried a different plug socket but that didn't help.

Thanks in advance.

Options
14 Reply
Re:TP-Link AV2000 Adapter power line light flashing green and red
2019-10-29 03:34:43

@Adam- 

Hello, we have serveral AV2000 products, may I know what is the model number of yours? It starts with TL-WPA/PA.

For the led indicator, you can refer to the user manual or the picture attached below.

You can try to change an outlet to plug the adapter.

May it help and have a nice day.

Options
2019-10-29 08:58:53

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply.

I have the AV2000 2-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit TL-PA9020P KIT.

The adapter is plugged into the wall next to the router. There's an ethernet cable from the router into the adapter. The adapter is flashing red and green from the powerline light. I cannot find anything which tells me what this means.

I've tried moving the adapter to a new plug, using a different ethernet but nothing changes this status. 

Many thanks.

Options
2019-10-30 06:54:43

@Adam- 

Per the picture attached, the different colors of the powerline led indicates the signal strength of the adapter; While the most important is whether it affects the actual performance; like speed or stability of the network. 

If both seems normal. then flashing red and green led does not matter; you do not have to worry about it. 

Besides, you can swap the locations of the 2 adapters. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-10-30 12:01:33

@Kevin_Z 

Well, thee router and adapter are maybe 10cm apart and connected by ethernet, so there's no issue with the signal. The extenders are 10m on the same floor and the other one is the floor above. There's no internet running through the powerline anymore. My NAS has lost connection from the adapter on the floor below. No amount of resetting, moving, plugging into a new socket is working. I've even put the extender and adapter side-by-side on the same plug socket and there's still no internet coming through.

When I switch of all the TP-Link adapters and extenders the internet resumes from my router. So there's something wrong with these adapters... 

What are my next steps?

Options
2019-10-30 19:57:36

Just to add, according to this video, there isn't a red and green flashing light on the powerline LED. It's either green, red or off. Mine alternates red and green flashing. I bought two kits to extend the internet around my house but right now I'm without internet where I need it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axmzo8ZE8H8

What can I do to get some support? I've tried everything suggested. 

Options
2019-10-31 07:43:51

@Adam- 

Hello, the color of the powerline led will change with the change of the network environment.

If the adapter still does not work even though you swap the location between it and extender, you can enable  Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference of the adapter and update the firmware to give it a go.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2027/

Still the same, you can contact the retailer to get a replacement first. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-11-03 18:35:03

@Kevin_Z 

But I don't understand how this can work perfectly for 5 days, nothing in my environment changed and now they're useless? I have literally tried everything on these things and I cannot get them to work now when previously they were fine. Even holding the pair button for 15 seconds doesn't change the status light.

I've seen others complaining about this same issue.

Do you have a technical support line I can talk to?

Options
2019-12-10 01:37:04

Hello,

same problem here with AV2000

it was working perfectly fine until this morning : powerline leds flashing green and red like christmas tree.

nothing was changed, not electrical ppliance added in the house, try to swap loacation, pair, re-pair, re-re-pair. seems like the two CPL extenders won't talk to each other anymore....

I am stuck and wasting my time. HELP!

Nico

Options
2019-12-13 00:54:50 - last edited 2019-12-13 01:07:25

@Adam- 

Just return the adapters. They will not work stable due to poor firmware. Support here will not help you. I was in the same situation, wasted time, contated tp-link support which gave poor answer and returned them to the shop. They will not improve firmware and did not since tow years. They should not sell such a poor product.

Options
2019-12-13 06:21:27

@Adam- Indeed, will return them.. thanx !

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 17077

Replies: 14

Related Articles