Antenna Protective film and wifi strength

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-30 09:15:16
Model: Archer VR300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.8.0 v007b.1

A few days ago I bought an Archer VR300. Its antennas hoave a protective film on them. I tried removing it a bit but it was too hard so I stopped. Is that normal? Screnshot below

https://ibb.co/WH2DFJr

Also the wifi signal strength is far lower than what I had with my older Xiaomi mifi 3g. Even though it is set to high within the settings. Could that be due to the protective film?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Antenna Protective film and wifi strength
2019-10-31 05:51:05

@fingoflingr 

Try to use a knife or scissors to tear it down.

Meanwhile, for the signal strength, try to change some wireless settings, like channel and channel width.

And try to adjust the position of the antennas, put the router in an open area. 

Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Antenna Protective film and wifi strength
2021-12-30 07:14:12 - last edited 2021-12-31 07:08:02

cine vision v4 will be my great suggestion for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1823

Replies: 2

Related Articles