Data flow control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Data flow control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Data flow control
Data flow control
2019-11-05 10:07:30 - last edited 2019-11-08 06:24:47
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I woud like to know how can I have visilibity/control of the data used by the router 4g+ Archer MR 600. I have one of this routers connected to a SAMSUNG smart tv with a 4G sim card and the other day without watching any Amazon Prime Video or NETFIX the Internet servive provider registered a data consumption of 16 GB!!. Unofrtunately my service provider in Spain only tells me the data consumption wiyh some hours of delay and not in real-time. I have a contract of about 50 GB per month ant if this happens again I will not be able to watch any streaming movies. I couldn´t find any tool in the TETHER APP nor in the TP-LINK web. Is there any external APP or feature in the TP-Link software where I can have real-time visibility of the data used by the router?

Thanks in advance

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Data flow control-Solution
2019-11-06 03:36:16 - last edited 2019-11-08 06:24:47

@zamogonz 

Hello, you can go to advanced-system tools-traffic monitor page to enable it.

With it enabled, the traffic usage of a device in the past 10 minutes or that of all devices in the past 10 minutes/24 hours/7 days will be displayed. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-11-07 06:52:24 - last edited 2019-11-08 06:24:52

@zamogonz 

For your information, NAT boost is used to ensure that the router has the best throughput; while it may not affect the performance of the router with it disabled, it depends on the atcual network environment.

You can disable it first to enable the Traffic monitor; in the meantime, you can take some  time  to test its performance. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
2019-11-06 03:36:16 - last edited 2019-11-08 06:24:47

@zamogonz 

With it enabled, the traffic usage of a device in the past 10 minutes or that of all devices in the past 10 minutes/24 hours/7 days will be displayed. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Data flow control
2019-11-06 12:11:19

Kevin_Z wrote

@zamogonz 

Good day. 

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, in fact, I saw the option of the traffic monitor in the advance tools section. However, i didn´t activate this option, because I could read there that NAT BOOST was not compatible with the traffic monitor and I had to disable it. As I didn´t know (and still don´t know) what this means (disabling NAT BOOST) I didn´t dare to change anything of the default options. Now my question, can I disable this NAT BOOST without prejudicing the performance of the router? If yes than the traffic monitor will work and I will have visibility of the data usage/flow.

Kind regards from Spain

Options
2019-11-07 06:52:24 - last edited 2019-11-08 06:24:52

@zamogonz 

For your information, NAT boost is used to ensure that the router has the best throughput; while it may not affect the performance of the router with it disabled, it depends on the atcual network environment.

You can disable it first to enable the Traffic monitor; in the meantime, you can take some  time  to test its performance. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-11-07 09:17:51

Kevin_Z wrote

@zamogonz 

Good day. 

@Kevin_Z 

Many thanks. I will see how this affects the overall performance of this excellent 4G+ router.

Regards

Options
2019-11-08 06:01:35

@zamogonz 

Definitely sure; if need more help, please be free to tell us.

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1872

Replies: 5

Related Articles