How to remotely reset a PLC for a large network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-06 13:47:35 - last edited 2019-11-08 03:39:45

Hi

I gave a large network for Villa Holiday homes and use PLC's to give a good solution to the clients for the internet connection (gives the flexibility of placing the WiFi unit anywhere in the villa etc...)

The problem is with more than 150 installations it is frequent that a PLC installation locks up and needs resetting. I have VPN  systems etc in order to access each installation although they are spread over a 50km area.

It would be really usefull if I could access by ssh or any other protocol in order to reset the devices remotely because this currently has to be done by physically accessing the villa and using Tether or other TPLink software (different versions also).

Is there any possible solution?

Kind regards Mark

Options
1 Reply
Re: How to remotely reset a PLC for a large network
2022-01-19 20:40:19 - last edited 2022-01-19 20:45:34

@mpcleverdon

Hi Mark,

I know I am a little late replying but as far as I am aware there is no reboot endpoint on tp-link PLC devices. However, I recently bought a set of PLCs and faced this issue also.

I have developed a workaround for this limitation in Python that works for me and can be found on GitHub at the following location:

https://gist.github.com/ellisdickinson46/cbb4df0a6c169b6795b5dba119182f37.

It is worth noting however, that each device's interfaces may vary and this script will more than likely require tweaking slightly to exactly fit your devices. For your installations to reliably work with this script you should ensure that, across your installations, the PLCs are assigned to the same static IP address(es).

Hope this helps

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1170

Replies: 1

Related Articles