TL-PA4015P weird upload/download

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-08 15:37:44

Hi!

I have a pair of TL-PA4015P v.2.3 with the latest firmware. Both are plugged directly into the wall, and I've got a power strip plugged into one of them. The two RJ45 cables used are CAT 7 and CAT 8.

Here's my problem: since I began using them, I kept losing my internet connection. I thought it was my internet connection that had problems, not the adapters, so I didn't investigate further... But a month ago, I had fiber optics installed in my appartment. I thought it would solve my problems, but it didn't, so I began investigating.

When using the adapters, I keep being disconnected, but when plugged directly into the router, everything's fine.

When doing a speed test here's what I get:

-When plugged directly to the router, around 950 Mbps up and 55 Mbps down.

-When plugged into the adapters, around 95 Mpbs up and 95 Mpbs down.

With the adapters, my download gets divided by ten, and my upload gets doubled... How's that possible??

I've tried many different power outlets (including two that are next to each other) and checked the TP-Link software to see if there was a problem with my outlets. In general, I have one of the adapters that is at 200 Mbps, and the other is at 300 or 400 Mbps.

I've changed the cables for brand new ones, tested them by using them between my computer and the router, and they all seem to work fine.

I've tried on another computer, same results.

I've tried to reset the adapters, but it didn't change anything.

Can anybody help?

Thanks! :)

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-PA4015P weird upload/download
2019-11-14 10:42:41

No idea? :(

Options
2019-11-15 06:26:22

@Topy 

For the speed you get from the TL-PA4015PKIT, it is normal. Reasons are listed below:

1. The TL-PA4015PKIT has the 100Mbps ethernet port, which means that it can handle up to 100Mbps only. 

https://www.tp-link.com/fr/home-networking/powerline/tl-pa4015pkit/#specifications

2. The AV600 is not the actual speed, instead, it is the powerline link rate. 

3. So the download speed is normal, it won't be higher than 100Mbps; and the upload speed even higher than the router's.

Regarding to the unstable connection issue, we can do some troubleshooting, 

1. What is the led status of the TL-PA4015PKIT when you lost connection? Especially the powerline led? 

2. Please unplug the power strip and then test the stability cause the powerline noise will affect the performance of it a lot. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-11-15 08:50:55

Hello Kevin, and thank you very much for your reply! :)

Regarding the AV600, I find the main product page quite misleading because it states only the 600Mpbs limit, but okay, now I understand why it's limited to 100Mbps only.

Regarding the unstable connection:

-I'll have to check, but when I lose the connection, I think all three LEDs stay lit like usual.

-The power strip is plugged IN the powerline adapter, not the other way around. Can it cause problems anyway?

Options
2019-11-28 12:40:18

Hello!

I've done as you said and plugged each powerline adapter and the power strip in a separate wall socket, but it doesn't change anything... Any other idea?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 792

Replies: 4