Smart plug with additional features and small monitor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-09 13:54:43 - last edited 2019-11-12 08:04:15
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

I'm using my two HS110 smart plug on last 12 months in order to measure the power consumption of my home devices.

I never used the schedule or away mode to switch on/off lamps or garden irrigation, I just used it to meter the instant power consumption and the total KWh consumed but I feet I'm missing very interesting features like following.

It should be perfect if:

- the kasa app functions could be available also on a web portal accessible via desktop (ie: tplinkcloud.com)

- having a small hystorical graph of the power consuption (ie last 24h, with 1 minute power consumption samples)

- having a small monitor on the power plug with configurable data shown (instant power consumption/ amount of KWh consumed on a defined time slot/...)

This will allow me to direct see the instant power consumption on the plug monitor without constantly monitor my smartphone and at the same time having a graph of the history data from the smartphone or from the tplink cloud platform.

What do you think about it?

Don't you think these features are useful?

Thakn you.

Best regards.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart plug with additional features and small monitor
2019-11-12 08:18:39

@SBo 

Hello, the kasa app is available for the mobile devices now, no web UI or web APP yet. 

And for the other feedback regarding to the power consumption and configurable data, it is good, it can help us to verify the related information more flexible. 

Besides, it is our first time to recieve such report, we have noted that and will keep collecting the samilar feedback. And then we will forward it to our product engineer and they can evaluate the feasibility. 

Thanks for your suggestion again. Good day. 

Options
Re:Smart plug with additional features and small monitor
2019-11-12 17:06:10
AutomationManager, an aftermarket app available from google play, can be run as a hub/server and will log power consumption information (and pretty much anything else about these devices) to google drive (sheets) where you can view and graph them any way you want including the 24hr consumption view.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 501

Replies: 2