Please configure your DNS server manually error? Please read this.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-16 11:13:17
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought an Archer VR400, it worked properly in the first few months, but then I found that the internet is intermittent. The router shows orange at that time, and I found this error message on the basic page once I logged into the router-- Please configure your DNS server manually. 

I tried to power cycle/reboot/reset but no avail, I also changed the DNS server manually to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 as the error message. Nothing changed. 

I really like the Archer VR400, my families access internet perfectly through it and I do not want to waste more money to buy a new one.  So I decided to reach out to the tech support of the TP-Link to get some help, haha, guess what? We sorted it out. It tursn out that the upload bandwidth I paid is too low which is not enough for the heavy traffic network activities. And they offer me a beta firmware to solve it. 

Here are the quotation of the suggestion provided/info asked by the tech support, may it help you guys.

1. Please tell the ISP and the bandwidth paid.

2. Show the tech support of the specific symptoms of the intermittent connection which helps them to locate the root cause; and provide the screenshot of the advanced-status page(especially the DSL status page) 

3. Show their the current hardware and firmware version of your device. Do not forget to tell the country version, which is important you know, TP-Link has sold their products all over the world, and the device is different due to the countries, even the same model.

Anyway, it is very amazing. The tech support are very helpful. Now my Archer VR400 works properly as expected.

Good job. TP-Link!!! I'm very appreciated. yes

Options
18 Reply
Re:Please configure your DNS server manually error? Please read this.
2019-12-25 23:34:40
Bro. Can you provided me there chat with you and the link for this framework.. I have the same problem
Options
2019-12-25 23:34:55
Bro. Can you provided me there chat with you and the link for this framework.. I have the same problem
Options
2019-12-26 06:48:18

@Moayad.Darwish 

Hello, has replied to you on another thread you post. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-28 20:58:24

@Kevin_Z Hi there - I'm suffering from the same problem (as many other forum members appear to be) on a vr2800 in the UK on ADSL 2+ (seeing approx 1.2mbit upload speeds).

After doing some poking around, it looks like the issue is due to congestion on outbound (upload) traffic that isn't handled very well - I've been able to get some relief by applying QoS, but this has introduced other problems.

Is there a general fix planned? Would a faq article be appropriate? As it stands, I'm not sure how this router would ever be appropriate in the UK market (or others with asynchronous DSL offerings). Shame, as it's otherwise a decent all in one box!

Options
2020-03-14 18:15:12
Hello I have the same problem with my VR600 but I don't understand how to implement the fixes you list. Can you please provide more detail?
Options
2020-03-16 06:07:20

@balvack 

Hello,

We replied to you on another thread you post, please check.

Good day.

Options
2020-04-01 16:28:28

@Stella.Q 

I have the same problem and really struggling to work from home. Can you please help? 

Options
2020-04-01 18:32:32 - last edited 2020-04-01 18:33:30

@Sandymerson 

As you don't mention which router you are using I can only offer you a rough guide,

1 - Open router page 192.etc

2 - Advanced

3 - Network -> Lan settings

4 - Look for Primary DNS settings halfway down the page and add 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1

5 - Below is secondary setting add 8.8.4.4 or 1.0.0.1

There is another section to add these as well in some units

These are found in the Internet section and under Advanced, and where it says use these DNS addresses populate it with the numbers above,

8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 are Google servers, 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 are Cloudflare ones, either will do,

You can also add these numbers in Windows 10 under the Network Connections section of the O/S if you want but it's not really needed, hth.

Options
2020-04-01 18:43:57
Sorry I should of given more info Model Archer VR2800 I have changed the DNS to the google servers but still having issues. What more info do you need from me? Thanks for your help!
Options
2020-04-01 18:45:18

@Sandymerson 

Whats the exact issue you're having?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10984

Replies: 18