Not full speed between adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-19 10:51:40 - last edited 2019-11-19 10:52:56
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Just wondering why my speed between adapters is less then 960Mbs (while it should be about 1300Mbps) even if they are plugged into a double socket (next to each other).
I understand that if they are in a different room then the quality of electric installation will affect the speed. But, if they are plugged to the same socket shouldn't the speed be closer to the 1300Mbps?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Not full speed between adapters
2019-11-20 06:50:42

@MartiX 

First the AV1300 is the maximum powerline link rate it can get in ideal network environment, while when we put it in use, the noise of the powerline network and interference will affect the performance of the adapter. Even though they are plugged into the double socket, the interference still exists. 

And the TL-WPA8630PKIT has the gigabit ethernet port, and the current link speed is good which can satisfy the daily network activities. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-11-20 09:59:25

@Kevin_Z Thanks for the replay. 

Options
2019-11-20 16:21:48

Just curious, if (just for testing) I would switch off everything in the house, and will leave just one electric circuit ON with only adapters on, should that increase the speed or still I can expect some interference?

Options
2019-11-23 12:08:50

@MartiX 

By unplug the electrical appliance, we can reduce the powerline noise from these devices. You can give it a go and verify whether the speed gets better. 

While we cannot say that there won't be interference anymore. Cause the power line is invisible (hidden by the wall) mostly, it is hard to say that it is total clear. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 824

Replies: 4

Related Articles