I cannot port forward 25565 even though I've tried EVERYTHING. (read the full thread, please)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I cannot port forward 25565 even though I've tried EVERYTHING. (read the full thread, please)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-19 15:52:48
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 16.09.30.01005

I've tried everything I can to port forward my Minecraft server. Nothing works.

Here is a list of things I tried:

1. I've done the usual port forwarding.
  2. I've opened DMZ.
  3. I've disabled my firewall.
  4. I've contacted my ISP, but they didn't do ANYTHING.
  5. I used Port Triggering.
  6. I tried disabling UPnP.
  7. I whitelisted the port 25565 on my computer firewall.
  8. I've entered the user "root" and tried forwarding from there, but nothing happened.
  9. YES; I'VE RAN MY MINECRAFT SERVER AFTER PORT FORWARDING WITH EACH STEP DONE 1 BY 1. I ALSO DID ADD MY PRIVATE IP TO THE "server-ip" SECTION.
  10. I tried adjusting other settings that MIGHT be connected with port forwarding.
  11. I've made my IP adress static.
  12. I've searched for TONS of other threads that had the same problem, got NOTHING.

What is my problem? What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me already? Please? Anyone? What should I do?

I don't have an antivirus and my firewall is disabled. Please help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:I cannot port forward 25565 even though I've tried EVERYTHING. (read the full thread, please)
2019-11-20 07:17:41

@ahmettrPro 

What is the current WAN/internet IP address? Please ensure that it is public IP. 

Try to access the minecraft server with its IP address and port number in the same network  to verify whether it works. 

Besides, please use telnet to test:

1. in the same network, please go to run—cmd—telnet lan ip port number 

2. in external network, please run—cmd—telnet wan ip port number

Note: Please show us the pictures of the test results.

May it help. 

Options
Re:I cannot port forward 25565 even though I've tried EVERYTHING. (read the full thread, please)
2019-11-20 13:17:48 - last edited 2019-11-20 14:40:09

@Kevin_Z 

I've tested it and it worked, I can login with 192.168.1.154:25565, but not with localhost:25565 or EXTERNALIP:25565

These are the things I've done for LAN.

As for WAN...

It gave me the error "Could not open connection to the main computer, connection point 25565: Connection failed"

What is wrong? And yes, I DID use my public IP to test it on websites like canyouseeme.org, etc..

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1699

Replies: 2