TL-WPA7510 using as primary module connected to main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-20 20:53:26 - last edited 2019-11-23 11:53:47
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, im buying powerline adapter which would behave as my "main WiFi router", because my main router does not support 5ghz and i cannot change it easly because of stupid positioning in rent apartment.

So question is,can this kit be viceversa - wifi extender (second unit) be pluged into the main router/modem and provide network to "base"(without wifi) unit on other side of powerline? Can wifi extender unit alse be standalone, connected to main router without "base" unit from kit? Point i want to get is best connection speed from main router, because it will behave as main WiFi AP.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WPA7510 using as primary module connected to main router-Solution
2019-11-23 11:51:11 - last edited 2019-11-23 11:53:47

@Te_Master 

Hi, below is the common network diagram of powerline adapters: modem/router--ethernet cable -- base unit(powerline adapter without wifi function) --- power line --- extender unit.

While the location between the base unit and extender unit can be swapped. 

And you can connect the extender unit to the main router/modem by wired cable directly only to boost the wifi signal, it will be plug and play. 

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA7510 using as primary module connected to main router-Solution
2019-11-23 11:51:11 - last edited 2019-11-23 11:53:47

@Te_Master 

Hi, below is the common network diagram of powerline adapters: modem/router--ethernet cable -- base unit(powerline adapter without wifi function) --- power line --- extender unit.

While the location between the base unit and extender unit can be swapped. 

And you can connect the extender unit to the main router/modem by wired cable directly only to boost the wifi signal, it will be plug and play. 

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 673

Replies: 1

Related Articles