Problem with 2 of my HS210 switches dropping the internet and will not reconfigure with the Kasa App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem with 2 of my HS210 switches dropping the internet and will not reconfigure with the Kasa App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-25 01:35:35 - last edited 2020-03-04 08:57:17
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

Hi Folks, I could use some help here Please. I have had 8 of these HS210 3 way switches installed in my home for a year or so now and they were working fine up until a few days ago. 2 of these switches have dropped their internet connection and are showing a solid red wireless symbol light on them. Each 3 way circuit has one HS210 smart switch and one dumb switch. I have reset the switches to the typical alternating amber and green lights then proceeded to set them up again in the Kasa App. I proceed through the steps in the app and select my 2.4g network and put in the correct password  then the light on the switch change to a flashing green wireless symbol so it looks like the App is communicating with the switch. The light continues flashing green For a minute or two and then reverts back to the alternating amber and green and fails to setup in the app. Any suggestions or input on this problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problem with 2 of my HS210 switches dropping the internet and will not reconfigure with the Kasa App-Solution
2019-11-25 22:07:25 - last edited 2020-03-04 08:57:17

@Hammie 

Today I tried to setup these two problem switches and they both configured with no problem. Not sure what changed? Mybe the remote server was down when I tried before.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem with 2 of my HS210 switches dropping the internet and will not reconfigure with the Kasa App-Solution
2019-11-25 22:07:25 - last edited 2020-03-04 08:57:17

@Hammie 

Today I tried to setup these two problem switches and they both configured with no problem. Not sure what changed? Mybe the remote server was down when I tried before.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1049

Replies: 1