Web interface timeout on tp-link devices

2019-12-03 16:36:48 - last edited 2022-01-19 09:23:14

All the tp-link devices I have now have a timeout limit for the web interface. This can be adjusted but not eliminated. Is there any way to avoid the timeout?

I would like to come back to a device's web page after a few hours and not have to log in and navigate the menu to get to where I was.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Web interface timeout on tp-link devices-Solution
2019-12-05 08:31:01 - last edited 2022-01-19 09:23:14

@helzayat1 

It is designed so to protect the security and privacy. While we will note that and will keep an eye on the similar feedback. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
28 Reply
Re:Web interface timeout on tp-link devices-Solution
2019-12-05 08:31:01 - last edited 2022-01-19 09:23:14

@helzayat1 

It is designed so to protect the security and privacy. While we will note that and will keep an eye on the similar feedback. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Web interface timeout on tp-link devices
2020-01-26 17:34:35

I would also like to express my opinion on this - it's infuriating having to keep logging in all the time!

Please add a setting where we can decide on the timeout level, or even switch it off.

Thanks!

TP-Link AC1900 - Archer VR900 v3
Options
2021-03-26 14:49:54

@helzayat1 I agree..   the time should be able to be set..   When I am doing work on my network I will often have to log back in 5-6 times

Options
2021-03-29 05:37:21

@RogerA12345 

Thank you again for suggesting the idea of implementing a time period for the web interface display. 

May I ask why do you need to login to the web interface of the router continuously? Are you monitoring anything via the web?

As mentioned earlier, this time-out setting is designed with the purpose to protect the network security and privacy.

Options
2021-11-25 01:21:00

@helzayat1 Please add me to the list of people annoyed by this timeout.  I just access the web interface from within my home network, never from outside.  When I'm bouncing between browser screens and wireshark trying to identify addresses and update dhcp assigned addresses it takes time, as in more than a couple of minutes.  I'd be happy with a 3 or 4 hour timeout, or at the least one that I can set myself.  Like I said, annoying, so please make it stop.

Options
2021-12-03 10:56:55

Kevin_Z wrote

@RogerA12345 

Thank you again for suggesting the idea of implementing a time period for the web interface display. 

May I ask why do you need to login to the web interface of the router continuously? Are you monitoring anything via the web?

As mentioned earlier, this time-out setting is designed with the purpose to protect the network security and privacy.

Kevin - I think we are all aware of the purpose of the timeout!

However, these devices belong to us and we should be able to configure them to suit our needs.

My router is downstairs but my home office is upstairs. I'm having some internet issues at the moment and it's a monumental pain having to run up and down the stairs all the time to monitor my connection status. This is just one example.

I do understand that it would be a bad idea to have no timeout permanently. For my purposes, I would be happy if you could tick a box after logging in to make it timeout after (say) 24 hours, which I think would go a long way towards fixing this annoyance. In addition to that it would obviously be ideal to be able to set a longer default timeout period, because the current one is ridiculously short.

Thanks smiley

TP-Link AC1900 - Archer VR900 v3
Options
2022-01-22 17:21:51

@helzayat1 how can you adjust the timeout period?

I agree, we should be able to set a much longer timeout period than the default. It often happens that I have to continually adjust parental controls because... well, kids.

Options
2022-04-13 20:31:55

This is very annoying. Please allow us to control the timeout.

I am the owner and admin of the device.

My device, my choice. 

I will be the judge of how secure it needs to be inside my own house.

Options
2022-05-09 18:20:39

I would like to add my opinion on this: the web interface timeouts are counterproductive. I need to monitor the situation of the 4G signal available to a number of TP-Link 4G routers. The timeout makes me log in again and again just in order to see the signal strength and RSRP level.

I am a network administrator and therefore I am well aware of the possible concerns (and I have already taken the necessary security measures). The objectives of security and privacy are not so important as to substantially impair certain uses of the router.

Options
2022-06-28 07:25:46

I think, it design to protect your privacy from third party like here, for more security.

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 6757

Replies: 28

Related Articles