Dropping Connection - Deco P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-05 17:23:39
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Please Note - I have no idea what hardware version I have and the actual system I have is the Deco P9 (I only had the option of P7 in the drop down list).

Ok, on with the problem....

I have recently set my system up and I couldn't be more happy, however I have two PC's in the house which utilise the new Wifi network. Since doing this one of the computers keeps logging itself off and the only way to reset this is to turn the computer off and on again and logging into the wifi again. As the week has gone on it has gone from doing it every hour or so to approx every 20 mins.

It may well be a coincidence, but this computer has never done it before. As you can imagine this is very frustrating, has anyone experienced this and come up with a solution.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Flipper71

Options
4 Reply
Re:Dropping Connection - Deco P9
2019-12-05 17:27:44

I should also add that I have two computers within 5 foot of each other and the other one has no problems whatsoever.

Thanks

Options
2019-12-06 06:17:14

@Flipper71 

Considering the other PC works well, that means the stability of the network connection should be fine; we will do some troubleshooting to narrow it down and try to fix it. 

1. Is it still connected to the Deco but no internet access or it lost connection at all?

2. If it is the former one, please click here to get the IP address and gateway of it. 

3. Try to update the driver of the network adapter built-in the computer. 

4. Besides, you can try to reserve an IP for this PC to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1795/ 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-10 17:33:03

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your reply, I'm not an expert regarding all settings, but you have given me a couple of things I knew I could try.

Firstly, I confirm that the connection was completely lost and the computer needed to be logged back opto the Deco. I have however had a look at the driver and it did indeed need to be updated, I have therefore done that. Whilst doing it I also noted that within 'Power Management' within the driver properties the box was ticked for 'Allow this computer to turm off this device to save power'. I accept that it may be a coincidence, but for now I have deselected this box. I will just try this tommorrow before trying any other setting changes and see what happens with this pc.

Hopefully I report back tomorrow with good news.

Thanks

Paul

Options
2019-12-11 01:33:22

@Flipper71 

Hello Paul, thanks for your valued reply. 

Just take your time to test the performance. Any updates, please keep us posted. 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2427

Replies: 4

Related Articles