Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
140 Reply
Re:Wifi Router randomly rebooting
2020-08-31 02:17:24

@SumitPune  @ayeschully 

Hello, make sure you are tagging a TP-Link Admin if you want a timely response next time. Unless we are tagged we do not see that new responses have been added. We do not subscribe to every thread so rely on Tagging to ensure responses.

Back to the reboot issues on your A7s, please help verify the blow and we will try to figure it out:

1. When the router restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? 
2. May I have your network layout, how is the A7 connected in your network? As for @SumitPune is it modem--A7)))(((RE200? What if you remove the RE200 temporarily from the network, will the A7 still reboot automatically?
3. Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the A7 WAN or PPPoE? 
4. How many devices are connected to A7, wired, and wirelessly? What if you reduce the clients?
5. Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the A7 to restart? What if you disable the Smart Connect feature on it?
6. Is it the original power adapter on the A7? Is the power stable in your house? How about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable?

Thanks a lot.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-08-31 02:23:01

@mazaeddie 

Hi, may I confirm if the model number is C2300 or A2300, please?

Do you mean the conference calls will drop when the router restarts automatically? Or you are reporting two issues on your router?

What kind of conference calls do you use? What if you don't use it, will the router restart automatically? What is the phenomenon when it restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover?     

Good days.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-08-31 11:34:01

@Kevin_Z 

My responses inline:

1. When the router restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? 

Sumit - All LEDs turn off, the internet connect to the devices is lost. Then the router tries to start normally. Sometimes it goes into a loop. Sometimes it starts fine.
2. May I have your network layout, how is the A7 connected in your network? As for @SumitPune is it modem--A7)))(((RE200? What if you remove the RE200 temporarily from the network, will the A7 still reboot automatically?

Sumit - Let me test for a day without RE200
3. Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the A7 WAN or PPPoE? 

ISP is You Broadband. It is connected to ISP router/modem over eathernet cable using PPPoE. The input to ISP modem/router is a fiberoptic cable.
4. How many devices are connected to A7, wired, and wirelessly? What if you reduce the clients?

About 5 -7 wireless clients and 2 wired. Let me try with lower number of clients tomorrow after I have tested without RE200.
5. Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the A7 to restart? What if you disable the Smart Connect feature on it?

Let me test is day after tomorrow
6. Is it the original power adapter on the A7? Is the power stable in your house? How about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable?

Yes, its the original power adapter and the supply is stable.

Thanks and regards,

Sumit 

Options
2020-09-03 11:36:19

@SumitPune 

Thanks so much for your time and cooperation. 

Please let me know if there is an update, good days.

Options
2020-09-03 18:07:20 - last edited 2020-09-03 18:11:09

@Kevin_Z 

sorry,

it's an a2300 (ac2300)

It's two issues I use Skype as conference calls.

so it's related to WiFi. Also my router led lights turn off and then turn back on. My modem has been swapped out by my provider because I thought it was the router, so they were kind to replace it, but problem still persist that my modem now resets with it when the router automatically reboots itself when all the lights turn off and on again then the modem waits for recovery and all connects again after about 7min. I have about 6 devices total connected and no wired connections only the one from modem to router (3ft) long. Yes it will come back after like 10min when everything settles back and connects (router side). It's not that old just bought maybe 3 months ago from target. So I know it's not old router. Just wondering if it's firmware related. But it's up to date. So I'm out of options as of now.

Options
2020-09-04 06:43:45

@mazaeddie 

Hello, thanks for the update.

What if you don't use Skype conference calls, will the connection be stable? Are all these 6 devices connected to the 2.4GHz or some are connected to 5GHz?

Try a mobile app to analyze the Wi-Fi around you, review all the channels in 2.4GHz and 5GHz, then review the channels on the router for 2.4GHz and 5GHz. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels for 2.4GHz and 5GHz to lesser use channels.

There are other tips below. There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

May it help.

Options
2020-09-17 05:49:05 - last edited 2020-09-17 06:05:49

@Kevin_Z Hello!

I'm trying to figure out a solution to the frequent reboots on the router. I've even tried the beta firmware shared by you but doesn't work. Can you please help me figure out the issue with my router. It reboots multiple times a day. My router is Archer C59. Firmware version is 2.0.1 Build 20170218 rel.79276. Also it says invalid file type while upgrading firmware.

Edit: I think I might have downgraded the firmware to 2.0.0 Build 20161206 rel.7303 from - https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-c59/v2/#Firmware

Is there any new firmware released to fix the build with fixing the issues of rebooting.

Kevin_Z wrote

@Jenner_Harokin 

Hi,

Sorry about that, please try the below beta firmware on your C1200 and confirm if the auto-reboot issue will be resolved:
https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201912/20191211/Archer C1200(US_CA_TW)_V3_180307(Beta).zip

Below is the guide to upgrade this firmware:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2139/

May it help.

Options
2020-09-18 08:28:59

@mr_silversurfer 

Hello,

The beta firmware you attached is only used on Archer C1200, it is not for C59, so there is no doubt that you cannot upload it.

Sorry that there is no newer firmware for the C59, please confirm what do you mean by router restarting, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? 

May I have your network layout, how is the C59 connected in your network?

Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the C59 WAN or PPPoE?

How many devices are connected to C59, wired, and wirelessly? 

Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the C59 to restart?

Thanks a lot~

Options
2020-09-29 15:24:00

@Kevin_Z

Hy,

Unfortunately we have the same problem with our Archer C1200 router. Since we are in home office I've noticed that the router randomly reboots itself multiple times around 12:00am...

I've read that in this thread you may have a solution.

Please help!

My router's parameters:

Hardware version:  Archer C1200 v1.0

Firmware version:  1.1.3 Build 20180124 rel.52299 (EU)

Thank you in advance!

Options
2020-09-29 16:36:05

@Kevin_Z 

I have tried the following things, but nothing helped:

1. Tried switching off the RE200 

2. Tried reducing the number of devices

I have given the A7 to my neighbor to use and check if it was a problem specific to my network.

The only other thing left to try is switching off the Mesh feature on the A7 router.

Kevin_Z wrote

@SumitPune 

Thanks so much for your time and cooperation. 

Please let me know if there is an update, good days.

Options
Related Articles