Use both plugs in starter kit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-13 11:49:01 - last edited 2019-12-17 07:54:20

Sorry to bother people, but I'm looking to add a couple more network plugs. The shops only seem to sell starter packs. Obv I already have a plug going to the roputer - I just want to add a couple more plugs to different rooms in addition to the two or three I already have. My questions are therefore:

1. If I buy another starter pack can I use both of these as extra plugs or will the one usually pluged into the router only be redundant?

2. I currently have the AV300 wifi/600 wired plugs. If I purchase a new 1000 kit (or higher), can I assume I will get the higher speed going to the new plug and still be able to use the old plugs (but at the old speed)?

Many thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Use both plugs in starter kit?-Solution
2019-12-13 12:15:27 - last edited 2019-12-17 07:54:20

@Pipkins 

Hello, first, if you bought a starter kit, both adapters can be added into the existing network to provide more ethernet ports. Only one adapter need to be connected to the main router to get internet. 

Second, if you bought an AV1000 unit, then the speed between the AV600 and AV1000 will be limited by the AV600, while the speed between the AV1000 units will be higher, theoretically it is AV1000, while it will be affected by the AV600 a little. 

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Use both plugs in starter kit?-Solution
2019-12-13 12:15:27 - last edited 2019-12-17 07:54:20

@Pipkins 

Hello, first, if you bought a starter kit, both adapters can be added into the existing network to provide more ethernet ports. Only one adapter need to be connected to the main router to get internet. 

Second, if you bought an AV1000 unit, then the speed between the AV600 and AV1000 will be limited by the AV600, while the speed between the AV1000 units will be higher, theoretically it is AV1000, while it will be affected by the AV600 a little. 

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Use both plugs in starter kit?
2019-12-13 12:55:50

@Kevin_Z  Many thaks for the swift reply. Please excuse my ignornce but I just double check before I make a purchase - even though the plugs in the kit look diffrent (the usual router one being smaller) both can be used as general network plugs (i.e. not plugged into the router, as I already have an existing one plugged in).

Thanks - promise that will be the last question!

Options
Re:Use both plugs in starter kit?
2019-12-17 07:54:07

@Pipkins 

Yes, correct. Only one adapter need to be plugged into the router directly, and others, including the powerline adapter and powerline extender ( powerline adapter with wifi function) can be used to boost wifi network or provide ethernet connection. 

May it help. 

Options