Help: I cant install this PLU onto W10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-16 17:26:19 - last edited 2019-12-17 01:53:37

Help Please:
I'm using the NOM adaptors: AV500

I'm trying to install this on to W10: TL-PA4030 PowerLine Utility\
But I get this error message: This version of Windows is not supported by WinPcap 4.1.3

Options
3 Reply
Re:Help: I cant install this PLU onto W10
2019-12-17 07:16:45

@backtothefuture 

Hello, the powerline utility is supported. Here is the download link: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-pa4030kit/#Utility

Meanwhile, may I know why do you need the powerline utility? Cause the only usage is to pair, which we can use the pair button to do that also. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-17 14:10:07

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you very much for your prompt and usful reply.

I've installed that software OK.

The adaptor that's connected to my modem is in the loft, so it's a pain to have to go there when there's an issue,

so the software makes it easier to 'Pair' my current 2 adaptors, which I've yet to do.

Also: This version of the software shows my 'Maximum Transmission rate'  (of: my house electrical wiring) of ONLY: 50 Mbps,
with the 'Actual Transmission rate' varying around 20 to 40 Mbps!

Which is so much less than the Adaptors maximum capacity of: 500 Mbps.

They don't tell you that in the sales literature!

Q: So is this LOW 'Maximum Transmission rate' normal?

Or is this because of my setup, eg:

[The Modem Adaptor] is plugged into the House-Lighting-Circuit. (eg: a lighter cable than the Ring-Main)
[The PC Adaptor] is plugged into a Trailing Socket, which is then plugged into the Ring-Main.

So the [Trailing Socket] may be an issue?
Obviously the [House-Lighting-Circuit] & the [House-Ring-Main] have continuity via the [consumer unit].
But continuity via the [consumer unit] would be the case anyway, even if they were both connected to [Ring-Mains]

...If one was upstairs & the other was downstairs, (assuming a different Ring-Main on each floor)

Any thoughts, is this low?

Anyone with the same problem, who has resolved this?

Options
2019-12-18 01:21:39

@backtothefuture 

I see, thanks for your reply. You can use the powerline utility to pair them;  For the transmission rate, it is related to the actual power environment. Usually we suggest you to plug the powerline adapter into the wall socket directly, not trailing socket, which will affect the performance of the adapter due to the power line noise caused  by it or so. 

You can change another socket to plug it to test the transmission rate. Besides, except it, the bandwidth you paid will affect the actual speed you can get also. 

And please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 281

Replies: 3

Related Articles