Wireless printing with new Deco network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-17 20:35:59 - last edited 2021-01-08 02:14:18
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone, just installed 3 deco M5. Now, my devices - iPhone, iPad - are unable to wirelessly print. Unable to find both printers that we have, which are both Airprint enabled. 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Wireless printing with new Deco network-Solution
2021-01-07 16:32:31 - last edited 2021-01-08 02:14:18

@JoeHarley13 Joe -- I was able to get my iphones/ipads working via the iOS printing, I'm not sure if you're experiencing the same issue, but I'll share my solution here in case it helps you and/or others.

I have an HP OfficeJet - and apparently HP turns off Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) by default. I went in through the printers web interface - in the case of this HP, it was in the NETWORKING tab, ADVANCED, Internet Printing Protocol. I ticked the Enable IPP box and voila - the printer shows up in the AirPrint dialog and prints as expected.

Hope this helps.

--Ted

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wireless printing with new Deco network-Solution
2021-01-07 19:04:12 - last edited 2021-01-08 02:14:20

@TP1964 Thanks for your feedback.  I think I found my problem.  With my previous Night hawk router, I had assigned my printer a static ip address.

When I went thru the setup wizard on the printer, it found my new deco wireless network, prompted me for the password, and then would say success, connected.

But in reality, it wasn't fully on the network.  Windows could see it, but couldn't complete installing it as a device.  It would fail everytime, and iOS devices couldnt see it at all.

Once i discovered the printer was still set for a static IP address, I changed it over to the dynamic, and now DECO announces a new device has been added to the network.

So, apparantely, the Deco system doesn't allow for static IP assignments, or I don't know how to configure in Deco since it seems you only have an app with limited capabilities.

Thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
23 Reply
Re:Wireless printing with new Deco network
2019-12-18 02:44:46

@Gouge 

How do you connect the printers to the Deco M5? And what are their IP addresses?

With smart phone or laptop connected to the Deco's wifi, please try to ping the IP address of the printer and verify whether it works. 

Note: Please show us the ping results, like pictures or so. 

With printer connected to the clients directly, can you printer normally? 

Try to disable the antivirus software to give it a go. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-11-20 18:14:05

@Gouge 

I have the same issue. When I look for wifi networks the printer shows 4 identical networks. I can only assume that this is the router and 3 decos?

Regardless of which one I connect to, my computers and phone don't recognise either being there. I have a Epson ET-2750 and XP-830.

Options
2020-11-20 18:14:46
All devices are running the latest firmware.
Options
2020-12-13 20:17:51

@Gouge Same with the X60. I think this is a bonjour issue - it's not passing through the port or something. Can anyone from TP-Link enlighten us please?

Options
2020-12-14 01:59:56

@Tyketrotter same issue exactly and with an Epson printer. Have you found a resolution?

Options
2020-12-14 12:54:15

@Hprice not a permanent one. But I moved one of the decos next to the printer. Then I connected to the top network. That has worked for now. But if the power goes off, I have redo it. 

Options
2020-12-16 09:47:57

@Hprice 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your continuous concern about this case.

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. Both the printers and Apple devices are able to connect the Deco , but failed to detect each other, right?

2. Have you tried to ping the printer on the computer to check the communication, such as https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

3. Could you please do a simple test: enabled the 2.4ghz only guest network on the Deco with different SSID, and connect the printer and mobile devices to the guest network, are they able to find each other?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2020-12-17 18:59:15

@TP-Link I followed your instructions to create a 2.4 Guest only network, then connected my Epson-3750 to this 2.4 Guest Network, along with my iPhone. Still, when I try and print to it get same message 'No Airprint Printers Found". This makes sense since I had to do that with my old Airport Extreme - that is, switch SSID's to print since the Epson printer does not support 5G. I also deleted the Printer and re-added on my iMac, turned the Wifi off and back on on my iPad, but no success.

Options
2020-12-18 19:14:40

@badger-bill This is curious because both my iMacs recognize the Epson-3750 printer and print wirelessly on the combined 2.4/5 gHz network. However, neither of my iPads or  iPhones find the Airprint printer. Tried setting up the guest network at 2.4gHz, connecting the printer to it, and connecting ipads and iphone, but still no success. Why does it work for iMacs but not iPhone or iPad? Worked just fine with my old Airport Extreme and Airport Express. 

Options
2021-01-06 18:35:38

@Gouge Anyone find a solution?

I still can't print from my computer, Ipad or Iphone. :(

I am not even able to ping it from my computer.

May have to switch back to my netgear router since their stuff works.

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 18621

Replies: 23

Related Articles