Can't access to my M9Plus through webinterface

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-18 08:08:25 - last edited 2020-09-15 01:31:17
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Good morning

I've purchased deco M9plus 3 pack.

I'm trying to access to the webinterface of the M9deco plus, but it doesn't work.

I made different try:

- My computer is connected to the WIFI network of the m9plus

- Computer wired to the m9deco plus

As explain on the FAQ , i tried to connect through adress http://tplinkdeco.net  and through the VLAN IP of my deco plus which is 192.168.68.1

In both case i can't access to the webinterface.

How can i fix it ?

Thanks for the help

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Can't access to my M9Plus through webinterface-Solution
2020-08-05 07:04:55 - last edited 2020-09-15 01:31:17

@Breizh_Zion 

1.  Using my WINDOWS PC, found the V2 firmware and an update utility at: "https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-m9-plus/v2/#Utility"

2.  Clicking on the WINDOWS utility link did not work, had to dig behind the link for the utility file at: "https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202007/20200715/M9Plus_2.0_upgrade_tool_v1.1.1_Windows.zip".  Looks like there is a MacOS link on that page as well.

3.  After extracting the files, Windows cautioned against executing the .exe file, but ran it anyway. 

4.  Followed the instructions to locate the upgrade firmware which I had earlier downloaded & extracted to my PC; then I started the upgrade.  There were a few steps to get this point (see .PDF in .ZIP file), but after starting the upgrade, it initiated with a note the upgrade could take 2 minutes.  During that time, my M9+ LED blinked green, then solid yellow, then flashing red, then solid green.

5.  App identified new firmware as "1.4.0 Build 20200324 Rel. 53529"

6. Shortly after, DECO app published a notification, "Security Database Updated"

Hope this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't access to my M9Plus through webinterface-Solution
2020-09-15 01:36:05 - last edited 2020-09-24 01:16:00

Hello all, sorry to respond late.

Please ensure you are tagging a TP-Link Admin if you want a timely response. Unless we are tagged we do not see that new responses have been added. We do not subscribe to every thread so rely on Tagging to ensure responses.

For the firmware upgrade issues on the Deco M9 Plus V2, please read the below:
1. We released a new firmware for the Deco M9 Plus V2 months ago, and below is the download link, which is marked Deco M9 Plus(EU)_V2_200324, or Deco M9 Plus(US) _V2_200324 on the local official website:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Firmware

2. This new firmware can ONLY be updated from the older 2019 version via the Upgrade Tool, you cannot update it via the web nor on the Deco app. Upgrade Tool can be downloaded from the below link:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Utility

3. If you cannot log into the Upgrade Tool with your TP-Link ID and password, please refer to the below troubleshooting guide first:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2930/
Note: If you still fail to update or login, it is suggested to try different computers.

Thanks a lot~

Recommended Solution
Options
41 Reply
Re:Can't access to my M9Plus through webinterface
2019-12-18 08:59:17

@Breizh_Zion 

Thanks for your requesting. 

For your information, the Deco M9 plus V2 does not support web UI yet, that is why you cannot access it. 

There is not many functions available on the web UI now, we can use the Deco app to manage the Deco and setup the advanced settings if you want. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-04-23 16:56:23

Kevin_Z wrote

@Breizh_Zion 

For your information, the Deco M9 plus V2 does not support web UI yet, that is why you cannot access it. 

@Kevin_Z 

The problem with this is that the Deco app claims that my current firmware is up to date, but I can see from the downloads section of the relevant support page (for the correct region and firmware version) that there is more recent firmware available. How can I apply this firmware without a web-based UI?

Why do the instructions that come with the updated firmware for the M9 Plus say that it has a web-based admin?

Options
2020-04-23 17:07:34

@Kevin_Z  Any ETA when M9 Plus v2 will get this Web GUI feature?

Options
2020-04-28 00:48:24

@_Gabor_ 

I was just on a live chat with an agent and they told me it's supported for M9 Plus V2, but it's not working for me either.  They want me to reboot/reset, but I just took the thing out of the box. 

Options
2020-04-28 11:26:59

@breadtree Well, another M9 Plus user here. Given, that Kevin_Z has lied to us about an update and ignores all the other users here with problems, do not expect TP-Link to solve anything. We have been waiting for months. At first Kevin_Z tried to leave the problem as "not enough users reported problems". After there were more and more of us, he just marked the topic as solved and continues to ignore anyone. TP-Link has shown nothing but irresponsible and careless behaviour for ther high end devices. They even managed to put their not working stuff on D-Link (ethernet backhaul and the "forgot to mention" it needs the IEEE 1905.1 protocol). Never have I seen such lousy support and a finger in the face for buying the best TP-Link could offer in the wireless department. Thats how you destroy a possibly great product.

Options
2020-05-02 06:50:23

@MarekT Yeah this is pretty ridiculous. I've got the firmware, but no way to upload it. God knows why the app is telling me the firmware is up to date.

Options
2020-05-03 00:47:39

@Breizh_Zion  I bought the M9 plus 3 pack from Costco 2 months ago. FW is upgraded and I am not able to use a browser to reach the TP-link router. I can only access via the app on my phone.The TP link article says that the link tplinkdeco.net or IP address should work. https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2641/

Options
2020-05-03 23:39:00

@Breizh_Zion 

My Time zone and my routher thinks i'm in Lousisana (I live in california).  I can't fix it through using the web-based interface and I don't see any way to fix it in the App. What can I do?

Tenn

Options
2020-05-07 23:46:02

@Breizh_Zion  @Kevin_Z 

Same problem here, my Deco M9 Plus latest firmware is 1.2.10 Build 20190809 Rel. 54285

by the date --- 2019-08-09--- almost a year without updates

i just want update this router to resolve some bugs and make me feel with security 

Options
2020-05-11 03:45:03 - last edited 2020-05-11 03:56:50

@Lincoln 

II managed to upgrade to 1.3.0 Build 20190821 Rel 54023 through the phone app ..... and now I am able to reach my web UI!

Did you also try upgrading your phone app first?

Best

amsguy

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 18945

Replies: 41

Related Articles