archer MR200 connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-19 20:18:14 - last edited 2019-12-20 03:20:37
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I use Archer MR200 router, in 2 Lap Tops - wifi is fine. while using Wifi in 2 mobile phones- the Wifi connection is very weak . until a week ago it was fine. I tried resatrt the router, but still the signal is very weak at all the mobile phones when trying to use the internet.

sometimes the signal even disappears.

please help me determine what is the problem.

Thank you 

Options
3 Reply
Re:archer MR200 connection problems
2019-12-20 03:20:27 - last edited 2019-12-20 03:20:37

@Hhotam 

How far away between the mobile phones and MR200? Try to move it closer to the router or next to the laptop to verify whether it get stronger wifi signal from the main router. 

Besides, you can change the wireless settings to improve its performance, like wireless channel , channel width.

For 2.4GHz, use channel 1, 6 and 11 and channel width 20MHz, for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 and 44, channel width as 40MHz.

You can adjust the location of the router or change the position of antennas to give it a go.

What is more, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

And try to update the OS version of the mobile phones. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-20 08:05:23

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, 

thank you for your help

I tried to change the wireless settings chanel as you sugested but the chanels option goes only  as far as 13 .

the channel width is 40MHz. 

tried also to put my mobile phone as close to the router and all the other options. 

I also upgraded the system with the recent updates.

I would like also to mention that the signal strength is 50%  , might this be the problem?

still dosent have any wifi connection at all my mobile phones, also they seem to identify the tp link wi fi (internet dosent work)

my Laptops do connect to the internet using the router.

Options
2019-12-24 11:16:34

@Hhotam 

Thanks for your reply. 

Regarding  to the weak signal strength, you can relocate the Archer MR200 and change the position of the antennas. 

Besides, what is the current led status of the MR200? With computer connected to it by wired cable, can you get stable network connection? 

Please tell us the current hardware and firmware version as well. You can find them on the web UI. 

Thanks in advance, have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2732

Replies: 3

Related Articles