lan problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

lan problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
lan problem
lan problem
2013-06-15 23:16:29
Region : Egypt

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 3.0.0 Build 120524 Rel.05221

ISP : TE-Data

i connect this device to 5 PCs all wireless
when i start first time and did Internet setting all work Perfect ( internet & all PCs see each others well )
after i set password to the wireless each PC see itself only no PC see any PC
i try to turn password off ( no security ) all see each other well
i try all security types all the same
the only way to let local LAN work good and each PC see others is to OFF the wireless security
PLEASE HELP
Options
3 Reply
Re:lan problem
2013-06-24 10:08:48
Maybe there are old wireless profiles on your PCs. So when you set a wireless password on the modem, you had better also change the wireless network name(also called SSID).
After that, you can make all PCs connect to the new network by your wireless password.
Options
same problem
2013-08-20 02:37:03
Hello,

I've the same problem, I'm trying from last 2 days to connect my iphone and my MBP wirelessly using TD-W8961ND.

After I read your post I tried below two things

- If Authentication Type WPA2/PSK is selected, then I cannot connect wirelessly. If MBP is connected via cable then they can connect.
- If Authentication Type Disabled/WEP is selected, then CAN connect both wireless.

Can TP-Link people confirm whats going on?
Options
Re:lan problem
2013-08-21 12:45:12
If you rename the SSID and change the Authentication type to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, can your device connect wirelessly? If still can not, you can change the channel on the wireless page of the modem for a try.

If still cannot, what are the hardware version and firmware version of the modem?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 501

Replies: 3

Related Articles