Minor issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Minor issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Minor issues
Minor issues
2019-12-23 12:23:30
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190412 Rel.66770n

Since I am testing 4G data connection, I bought an Archer MR600.

It is working quite fine, but I noted 2 annoying things:

1) the first one is that it seems to have an hidden wifi 2Ghz SID that I cannot switch off.

This SID always disappears when I switched off the router (and pops up when I switch it on).

It doesn't have any visible name, and I can only see something like its own MAC address.

I switched off guest and wps options without any result.

2) every time I turn off the router, it looses the consumed data stats.

I noted this, while looking for an optiomal place to set it.

I didn't change any configuration settings, or the 4G data sim.

Any idea about?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Minor issues
2019-12-24 11:52:58

@Stefano.Bordoni 

Hello, the Archer MR600 supports Onemesh feature, this hidden wifi network should be used to build up the mesh network. To verify it, you can use the wifi analyzer to scan the wifi networks available around your house and show us a screenshot and please highlight the hidden SSID. 

Besides, the consumed data statistics will be cleared to zero once you reboot the router, so does the system log. 

May it help. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Minor issues
2019-12-26 10:18:31 - last edited 2019-12-26 10:18:57

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you very much.

[hidden SSID]

Since it uses the same channel of the 2.4Ghz wifi of the same device, I suppose it will not interfere.

[uses data stats]

About the consumed data reset, I found it quite weird.

In the configuration, there are settings about when (ie which day) to reset it.

The whole effort will be frustrated by a simple reboot, or an accidental power interruption. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 299

Replies: 2

Related Articles