Problem to open ports globally

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-28 16:10:53
Model: Archer D9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1

Hello! I have problem with an Archer D7 (i pick D9 becuase the fantasic tplink does not put the D7 in the modem list).

I have opened the ports that i need on Advanced > NET Forwarding > Port triggering, but for all the ports, when i use the apps that needs this and also with a port checker tool, they both gives the ports are closed. No my ISP provider not block any port and i have already asked them, so how can open the ports?????? (Not based by ip)

Options
4 Reply
Re:Problem to open ports globally
2019-12-30 11:16:17

@Matt96 

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience; we have added the Archer D7, now it is selectable. 

Back to your case, to make port forwarding work, the internet IP address should be a public one. 

And the port forwarding is based on port number and IP address; ensure that the IP address of client is correct. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-30 11:45:06

@Kevin_Z My internet IP is public, and then i'm asking for Port triggering, that opens port without an INTERNAL ip, that is different from virtual servers, that asks for an internal ip (192.168.x.x)

Options
2020-01-12 11:24:49

So, nobody knows how to help? I have so much problems and the support via phone doesn't answer or close the call, and the email form doesn't work, gives error always when i try to submit it....very bad service TP-Link

Options
2020-01-15 01:07:42

@Matt96 

Hello, sorry to respond late. 

In the same network, please test whether you can access it with this device's IP address and port number; meanwhile, you can use the WAN IP plus port number to test.

Besides, please use telnet to test:

1. in the same network, please go to run—cmd—telnet lan ip port number 

2. in the external network, please go to run—cmd—telnet wan ip port number

Note: Please show us the pictures of the test results.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 945

Replies: 4

Related Articles