Powerline connection drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-29 13:37:46 - last edited 2019-12-29 14:52:49

Hi

I am new around here, any assistance will be grately appreciated.

I have used Powerline adapters for ages with no real issues. Recently though (past couple of weeks) I seem to get intermitant drops of connection that last a few seconds to a few minutes. My own adapter is a TL-PA411 (UK)2.1. When connection drops the middle light on the adapter goes out.

My main adapter connected to my modem is a TL-PA411 (UK)2.1

My additional adapters connected to PC's in the house are:

TL-PA411 (UK)2.1

TL-PA411 (UK)2.1

TL-PA4010 (UK)1.2

TL-PA4010 (UK)1.2

I have checked for newly plugged in appliances etc, nothing appears to be causing a problem.

Is there any incompatabuility issues between adapter versions?

Would any of the above be better connected to my modem?

I have looked at the firmware upgrades but I am concerned that I may make things worse.

Would firmware for TL-PA411 KIT work with TL-PA411? Lates updated firmware appears to be for the KIT version only.

Sorry for all the questions :)

Cheers

Guy

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline connection drops
2019-12-30 10:09:29

@Guy-Crewe-UK 

Hello, for your information, all the TP-Link powerline adapters are compatible with each other, so you do not have to worry about that. 

The firmware of TL-PA411Kit is suitable for TL-PA411. Actually they are the same device. 

You mentioned that the middle led goes off when it stops working, the middle led is the powerline led; it should be on to get internet. You can change another wall socket to plug them and test the performance.

Meanwhile, you can plug all the adapters into the same room and verify whether you have the same issue. 

Besides, you can use the first two TL-PA411kit first and then add the TL-PA4010KIT gradually to locate this issue. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Powerline connection drops
2020-01-07 23:08:00

@Guy-Crewe-UK 

Hi

Thankyou for your reply. I have taken a few days and conducted a number of trials with the adapters. Switching them about, updating firmware etc

I have used a programme called Startrinity to monitor up and down time. I am still experienced intermitant drops in connection. Generally these are 1 or 2 seconds, occasionaly they run to 10-15 minutes.

I have also checked my router statistics. One thing that jumps out at me is a large qty of collision packets. Over 8000 in 24hrs.

I am going to contact my ISP re the issue, but was wondering if this is something that can be caused by my home pwerline netwrk.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Guy

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2618

Replies: 2

Related Articles