VR600 (ac1600) router keeps Rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-29 22:49:18 - last edited 2019-12-30 08:56:32
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0074.0 Build 170504 Rel.68210n

My Router keeps Rebooting itself when I ask for a bit of a high demand from it.

Basically what is happening, is that the connection would drop out around 7-10pm every night. Especially when I'm on my Xbox One S, and my other half is streaming Netflix on a separate device. The connection would drop out and the router would restart. This is constantly happening and its so frustrating. 

We've had openreach round (about 3 weeks ago) and they've fixed the line issues and replaced the master socket. It was fine for a couple of days but it has started doing it again.

I've tried loads of things,

-Static IP for the games console. 

-Opening ports for the xbox

-Dedicated channels for the 2.4 and 5 ghz channels. 

-Altering QOS...

But nothing works. 

Please can someone help!

It seems to do it every time I ask for a high demand from my Internet. If my other half doesn't watch Netflix... But I'm on my xbox, it'll work fine. 

It's just as soon as we both go on it. 

I'm leaning towards a faulty router or an ISP issue. 

Broadband speed is around 60mbps

Options
3 Reply
Re:VR600 (ac1600) router keeps Rebooting
2019-12-30 08:56:23 - last edited 2019-12-30 08:56:32

@TheClusk 

Hello, when the xbox and netflix stops working, what about other common network activities? Like downloading, browsing? 

What is the led status of the Archer VR600 when it stops working? And any specific symptom about the auto reboot issue? 

Please login to the web UI of the Archer VR600 when you lost connection and take a FULL screenshot of the Advanced-status page, especially the DSL page. 

Besides, cause you mentioned that the VR600 worked well for a while after ISP changed the master socket; to locate this issue, do you have another modem/router? Then we can connect the other modem/router to the socket to test its performance. 

Have a good day. 

Options
2019-12-30 09:21:13

@Kevin_Z 

When the xbox and Netflix stops working, that's when it reboots the router. 

The LEDs will all go out, and then flash back on when it has set itself back up again. This will last for 20/30 mins of xbox and Netflix. Then reboot again. It won't reboot if we are just on Netflix or just on the xbox. But both... It can't handle. 

Next time it happens, I'll take a full screenshot of that page. 

I have the old Vodafone router I can use. However, that was so poor. It wouldn't let me connect more than 8 devices without kicking one off. 

Options
2020-07-14 22:25:47

@TheClusk  Hi,

Did you find a solution to the problem by any chance? Mine is now doing the same thing.  While streaming Plex from my media PC to my Xbox, it reboots every 15-20 minutes.  Complete lights off, and restarting.  I'm wondering if it isn't a heat related thing?

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1255

Replies: 3

Related Articles