Votes

Feature request: manual channel change because of the Ring doorbell

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Possibility to change WiFi channels. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Possibility to change WiFi channels. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-02 12:44:35 - last edited 2022-11-03 09:52:38
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

It would be great if in the next release of the Deco firmware it will be possible to manually change the channel id.

I have a Ring doorbell and it will only connect on channels 1 thru 9. However, sometimes the Decop changes to a higher channel and causes my doorbell to fail.

Do we know if this feature is implemented soon?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Feature request: manual channel change because of the Ring doorbell
2020-01-03 03:33:39 - last edited 2022-01-13 07:24:34

@MwV 

Hello, this feature is not available now, but we have noticed that and have forwarded to our product department. 

They are working on it now.

You can keep an eye on official website or Deco app for updates. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Feature request: manual channel change because of the Ring doorbell
2022-01-12 13:46:36 - last edited 2022-01-13 07:24:34

@Kevin_Z 

Two years old issue and no firmware yet...

We really do NEED this as an option.

This isn't a want.

My Deco's choose channel 6 even though every time we run the microwave it kills all 3 units signal.

It can't be that hard to put an override in the firmware so we can at least pick a channel that won't get walked all over by somethign else periodically.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1402

Replies: 2