Summer time/Winter time swap (Daylight Saving) doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-05 14:54:07
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

The smart plug doesn't cope with the time change  when we go from winter to summer time and back. For instance, I had a lamp coming on at 22.30 in the summer. After the swap to winter time it comes on at 21.30. This is just stupid. A fixed time is a fixed time whatever time of year.

Options
24 Reply
Re:Summer time/Winter time swap (Daylight Saving) doesn't work
2020-01-06 02:18:23

@alanlw 

Turn on Location Servise on your phone.

In the KASA app:

Swipe the screen to the right.

Tap on Settings.

Tap on Location and Time.

Tap on Location.

Tap Sync Location.

Also Tap Time Zone and verify the correct time zone is set.

Options
2020-01-06 06:50:13

@B.Will thanks but time zone is already set correctly and location was last synced today.. Besides if I am in a different time zone from the smart plug I don't want it coming on according to where I am but where it is.

Options
2020-01-08 05:48:42

@alanlw 

Hello, may I know what is the time zone in which HS100 locates? Any difference from your location? 

Please show us a screenshot of the location and time settings page. 

You can try to change the time zone to another one and change it back to the actual time zone where it is. And you can clear the schedule and re-set it. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-01-08 09:59:20

@Kevin_Z . Thanks again. The Smart Plug is in the UK/GB   time zone as am I except  sometimes when on holiday. However, I was in the UK during the swap from winter to summer time and vice versa. Screenshot attached.

I will do what you suggest but of course we won't know whether it works until March! 

File:
Kasa.pngDownload
Options
2020-10-26 16:14:46

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin.

I'm experiencing the same problem.

The time on my TP-link devices will not change to the time zone where I live. They stay on summer time, hence 1 hour later than what it should be.

It is very stubborn this way.

I live in the Netherlands, so I select UTC +1,  Europe, Amsterdam.

The time on the TP-link devices is my time + 1 hour.

The clock shows 1 hour later.

• If I switch to a time zone UTC +2, say Kiev, the time changes to 2 hours later.
  • If I switch to UTC, the time on the devices changes 2 hours to 1 hour earlier :-(

I updated the devicees to the latest software update, cycled the power several times

My router is set to the correct time zone.

I could change all the schedules to compensate for this error, but that would be silly...

File:
Screenshot_20201026-170010_Kasa.jpgDownload
Options
2020-10-26 16:34:00 - last edited 2020-10-27 17:59:48

@DavidV Hi,  I had the same, fixed today.  I switched way from current timezone then switched back - that sets the time in the plugs.

UK/GB didn't seem to work but Europe/London was fine.

Scratch that - the light switched 1 hour early.  Spoke to support and they suggested changing time zone to compensate.  I'm using etc/gmt - sems to work

Options
2020-10-26 16:35:28

Same problem here.

I did some checks and I believe this is related to the firmware or device hardware version.

I have about a dozen devices (HS100/HS110).

Half of them is on (fwVer=1.2.6, deviceHwVer=1.0) and they get the wrong time since DST change yesterday.

The other half is on  (fwVer=1.5.6, deviceHwVer=2.0) and they seem to get the correct time.

So my guess it's a bug in (fwVer=1.2.6, deviceHwVer=1.0).

I filed a case with TP Link and it has been sent to R&D for analysis.

Hopefully they come up with a fix soon.

Tomski.

Options
2020-10-26 17:08:04

I have the same issues and have both f/w version of HS100 plugs. I usually have it set to europe/London and it has been ok but now its shows the device time 1 hour ahead. It does the same for GB but the time is corrected when either Gb-Eire or GMT is selected however as I use sunrise and sunset feature it is still stating the sunset in an hour ahead of the acutal sunset even when both the device and location time is correct. I am at home so the sync is the same as the devices.

this appears to be a bug as the plugs now have the correct times and the location sync has been done with both the location/Device time correct for me its the sunrise and sunset that hasn't reflected the changes in BST to GMT. 

This is basic stuff TP Link angry

Options
2020-10-26 20:22:52 - last edited 2020-10-27 18:20:18

I have the same issue. 

I'm From the netherlands and have the 2x HS100.

- HS100 hardware version 1.0 Firmware 1.2.6 (issue)

- HS100 hardware version 2.0 Firmware 1.5.6 (Works fine)

Last years this wasnt a issue on the HS100 v1.0, so its triggerd on the latest firmware.

HS100 v1.0  shows device time: 21:00 (correct time) whilt the HS100 give device time: 22:00 (summer time).

I already reinstalllerd the HS100, but the device time keeps the same. Also used other location , en back to current location, but that didnt help.

Options
2020-10-27 01:11:49

@Rsport 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your kind feedback.

Sorry for the delay.

We had some feedbacks since yesterday due to the DST change and our senior engineers are working on it.

Please wait for a while for further updated news.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6405

Replies: 24