KC110 puffering on Echo Show 8

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-06 17:22:44
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.31

Hello everyone,

so I just got my KC110 and use it in combination with a Amazon Echo Show 8 to watch over our kid while he's sleeping. After trying out the Blink XT2 which always cuts off the video stream after a few minutes we got this camera. 

But the camera doesnt keep the video stream to the echo show 8 turned on at all times as well. We get some puffering here and there and it cuts off the stream as well, but the intervall in which it does that is always different. Sometimes we can view for just 30 seconds, sometimes it keeps it up for a few minutes. But it never keeps up the stream until we tell to it to shut down. 

I already checked another Thread where someone mentioned to change the wireless channel. So I switched from 6 to 9 which is not as much used. The Internet Connection cant be the problem either, since we got fiberglas with 20MB up- and downstream. 

The Echo Show 8 is very close (same room) to a access point which builds a mesh network with the router. The Cameras next WLAN point is further away (Next room). 

If the camera keeps turning off the stream, i'll have to return it but I prefer not to. I hope that I can get some help here.

Thanks ind advance and best regards

Pat

PS. Since I had to select a Model to create this Thread, I just wanted to mention that I dont own that Model. My router is a AVM Fritzbox 5490 together with a AVm Repeater 1750e.

Options
1 Reply
Re:KC110 puffering on Echo Show 8
2020-04-06 19:28:46 - last edited 2020-04-06 19:29:17

@Pat.bat hi, probably this is an Amazon echo Spot/Show problem. I've got the same issue with the Tapo c200 camera with the idea of using it as a baby monitor. The picture quality is with its 1080p near perfect, especially in the dark with night vision on. I was doubting between the Tapo c200 and the little bit more expensive Kasa KC110. Went for the lowest price to test if a Alexa enabled camera could do the job! So far it's not. 

Etienne

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 1

Related Articles