Very newbie question on setting up the TP-Link Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-08 20:56:58
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello! 

I recently bought a starter kit to see if it would help me with my mostly slow home wifi speeds in a few rooms (back of the house) - I've since learnt it's called black spots :)

Ok, so I currently use Sky for broadband and last night I plugged in my new PowerLine to connect to my Sky hub. Then I went ahead and put the other plugin the back bedroom. I got it set up quickly and connected to the new wifi with my Macbook (just to point out I've not disconnected the Sky wifi, everyone else in the house is still using that along with the smart TV, PlayStation and other Apple devices)

Doing a test on the new TL wifi in the backroom it seems ok though I was kinda expecting it to be quicker. Wondering now if I've not done something. Few things I'm thinking of now and wanted to check are

1. I just went ahead and plugged in the new Powerline starter kit and still have the Sky wifi being used. Would having both wifi's being connected to at the same time cause lag?
  2. I noticed there were buttons on the side of the Powerline plugs to pair. Should I pair the starter kit?

If it helps, I did a speed test from the backroom and here the results

New TL Wifi

• Mbps download - 22.4
  • Mbps upload - 16.6
  • Latency - 13m

The Sky Wifi

• Mbps download - 19.4
  • Mbps upload - 8.26
  • Latency - 10m

Thanks for reading through and hope you can give any advice. 

Best regards,

Elliot

Options
1 Reply
Re:Very newbie question on setting up the TP-Link Powerline
2020-01-10 07:35:55

@elliot-hr 

Hello Elliot, to make them work, we need pair them first; Below is the instruction to do so:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/258/

Once they paired, the middle light will come on, which looks like a little house icon.

And from the speed test results attached, the speed from the powerline adapter seems good; You can change another wall sockets to plug it or change some wireless settings to improve its performance, like wireless channel and channel width.

Below is the instruction to customize wireless settings.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 528

Replies: 1