Cannot install TPPLC on Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-09 15:03:50
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello!

Despite what I entered, I'm actually using TL-PA9025P kit (not PA9020P). 25P is not available in the listing, maybe it's a region specific product?

I'm just installing my 4 units and tried to install the utility TP PLC. I downloaded it (ver. 180816) from here https://www.tp-link.com/fr/support/download/tl-pa9025p-kit/v1/#Utility & launched the install, only to see it interrupted by an error message: "The wizard was interrupted before TP-LINK PLC UTILITY could be completely installed..." 

How can I fix this issue?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my laptop, without any issue otherwise...

Sincerely,

Antoine

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot install TPPLC on Windows 10
2020-01-10 07:28:10

@Antoinou 

Hello, we did a test at our end, and we can install the tpPLC utility on the Windows 10 computer successfully. 

You can disable the firewall or antivirus software on the computer. And you can click the download link below to give it a go.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-pa9020p-kit/#Utility

If still the same, please show us a screenshot of the error message. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Cannot install TPPLC on Windows 10
2020-01-10 09:59:51 - last edited 2020-01-10 10:02:16

@Kevin_Z 

I tried to install it on an Windows 10 administrator account and it worked. Still strange though that I couldn't install the software on a regular account... Even stranger that the software wouldn't return an explicit message rather than the cryptic interruption of the install process. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2350

Replies: 2