Sockets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sockets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Sockets
Sockets
2020-01-10 17:38:39 - last edited 2020-01-13 01:54:03
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

HI Everyone. 

Strange problem: until yesterday my WPA4220 kit was working fine. Then suddenly the extender refused to pair with the adapter. Eventually I realised that the problem was with the wall outlet. When I moved the extender to a different socket in the same room it paired up and worked fine. Unfortunately the new socket is too far away from my TV etc. So does anyone know how to "revive" the original socket? When the extender is plugged into this socket now, the power LED and WiFi LED light up but the Powerline LED remains off.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Sockets
2020-01-14 12:23:54

@HopefulBill 

Hello, it seems that the powerline environment of the original wall socket changes; Is there any new electrical device added near to it? 

Please ensure that the firmware is up to date, and you can plug it into the original socket and pair them with tpPLC utility to give it a go.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1615/

If still the same, I'm afraid that there is not much we can do except change another socket as what you have done.

May it help. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 235

Replies: 1

Related Articles