Deco M4 broken?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 broken?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 broken?
Deco M4 broken?
2020-01-17 19:23:44
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Got my 3 pack today and started configurating. After it was done i updated my main deco. Then all of a sudden its led is constant green. And i can not connect to it in anyway. Is it broken or can i reset it somehow? Tried the reset button but it does nothing. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 broken?
2020-01-19 03:19:22

@Sp1ke 

Hello, what is the current network diagram and what is the led status of all Deco units? 

Green means that the internet should be working fine, can you detect Deco's wifi network? 

Please connect your computer to the main Deco by wired cable and verify whether you can get internet, and click here to get the IP address and gateway. 

Still the same, you can hold the reset hole for 1s with the Deco powered on or change the switch Deco to main Deco to give it a go.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

May it help. 

Options
2020-01-19 09:16:43

All i had was the green led no matter which cable configuration. The reset button was non functional.

After i contacted the support they told me to upgrade firmware manually. That didnt help at first. After first upgrade i had green led at startup and red solid later.

After that i did two more upgrades and on the third time it helped, dont know why though.

Followed this https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/672 to upgrade the firmware.

Options
2020-01-20 01:40:46

@Sp1ke 

Hello, thanks for your valued reply. 

So did you figure it out by upgrading the firmware manually? Can you access internet right now? 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-20 06:37:12

@Kevin_Z 

Yes it works fine now 👍

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 889

Replies: 4

Related Articles