[Feature Request] - Being able to use Camera's in "Scenes"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-22 22:09:14

In the current KASA App, there is a whole page dedicated to scenes.

So you can press a single button and have your TP Link smart sockets turn on/off, to control lighting for example.

Can TP Link Camera's also be included in Scenes.

Perhaps when you use a scene called Good-Night you want the smart socket to turn off your bedroom light, and also turn on your Camera's.

Or a good morning scene that turns the socket on, and your camera's off.

I feel having On/Off controls for cameras within Scenes would be a good addition for many users.

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:[Feature Request] - Being able to use Camera's in "Scenes"
2020-02-12 09:40:13
With Kasa Cam’s Privacy mode you can enable or disable recording of video and audio. Please note that when you select this option your camera will not record audio or video, and you will not receive any event notifications. When disabled, live video and audio streaming still works. However, I am afraid the App cannot turn on/off the camera, because once the camera is turned off, it will lose contact with cloud, then when you want to turn it back on via the App, there will be no response any more unless you turn it back on manually.
Options
Re:[Feature Request] - Being able to use Camera's in "Scenes"
2021-09-11 17:22:05

@Marcia.Zhang now im even more confused. 

Kasa App lets me turn camera on and off.   There is no loss of connectivity.

The use case is that I don't want my camera on during the day when I am home because it takes up bandwidth on my home network and records video that I don't need.

I want to be able to use a scene to enable my camera at night when I go to sleep.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 673

Replies: 2