Deco Mesh system connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Mesh system connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
90 Reply
Re:Deco Mesh system connection issues
2020-06-29 02:56:26

Same problem... 5G network is great, but 2.4 really awfull... It does not loose wifi signal, but there´s no internet on the device.

I´ve tried everyting... Where´s TP LINK Suport?????????

Options
2020-07-15 10:15:20

@asciiid +1 (M4 decos) I'm having the same regular connection issues with 1 macbook, 1 pc and 2 iphones, 20+ other devices work flawlessly...

Options
2020-07-15 11:03:03

@asciiid Also have the issue here guys. This can't be right. My new MB Pro just keeps losing connection for the past few days, just hours after I start my working day. Prior it worked fine. And, in the settings attached to my machine it says under "Linkedin deco" : "unavailable for current firmware". 

TP-LINK: PLEASE UPDATE FIRMWARE NOW. I'M NOT PAYING 300 EUROS FOR A MESH SET WHICH DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY, THANKS. 

Options
2020-07-15 15:07:17

Are you set up as access point or router? 

I assume you've checked using the Deco app that the hubs are placed correctly? 

I have mine in access point and can access Apple, Android and Windows.

Options
2020-07-17 07:42:14

My mesh (S4) is perfect on everything, iPad, phone, PS4, Chromecast. Signal is transmitting further into the garden.

BUT doesnt work with Microsoft teams calls, constantly drops out, can't handle it at all. I have to switch back to sky WiFi for that. Very annoying.

And someone mentioned TP support, DO NOT contact them.i spoke with them for 35mins before he understood the simple issue I was having. Took him 22mins to even ask what model I was using, you'd think that would be question 1! And after 35mins of zero suggestions he said "upon checking here you need to contact Microsoft".......

Options
Re:Deco Mesh system connection issues-Solution
2020-07-28 06:12:10 - last edited 2022-03-23 07:22:53

@jcsegura.bos @Jay-b  @willywonka  @Indigo3  @Nicolas80  @djgw  @YCMG 

Hello all, sorry to respond late.

Cause other wireless devices work well with the Deco network, which means the Deco mesh network should be working fine. If only some 2.4G smart devices have this problem, please try some troubleshooting first.

1. Do you have this connected but no internet issue on your smartphones since you bought the Deco network or this issue happened recently or issue occurred after the firmware update? Please ensure the firmware of your Deco device as well as the Deco app is up-to-date.

2. When connected but no internet, did your smartphones or smart devices obtain valid IP address and gateway from Deco? Can you ping the gateway of Deco from your phone?

3. Try to connect the main Deco to the modem/router only and verify whether you have the same issue.

4. Besides, you can contact the tech support of smartphones or smart devices to get some help, like upgrade the OS version of the cellphone or so. 

Let me know if the issue is resolved or not, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-07-28 06:15:06

@moonshine 

Hello, the issue you reported seems is different from others, we will contact you via email to help you, thanks.

Options
2020-07-28 20:24:43

@TP-Link_Deco 

I just noticed on my Deco app that there's a 1.4 version. Is this the recommended version if my old version is 1.1.0? I'm trying the 1.1.8 version now and so far it resolves some issues like DNS problems and devices not being connected to the internet. Please advise.

Thanks!

Options
2020-07-30 01:45:09

@stradivarian 

Hello,

What is the model number of your Deco device? If you have detected the new firmware, it is suggested to update it, thanks.

Options
2020-08-02 10:22:28

@TP-Link_Deco 

Here's an update. My deco is M4R. I updated the decos to the 1.1.8 version that you recommended. 1st day, it was working okay, but second day, the problems came back. Some of the problems I am experiencing every now and then:

1. Microsoft Teams disconnecting

2. Chrome is saying No Internet

3. Speetest app saying no internet

I updated to 1.4 and same thing happened. 1st day it was okay but second day, the problems persisted.

My network setup, main deco wired to modem, 2nd deco wired thru first and 3rd wireless connected. Deco in router mode. DNS is set to google on the decos. I'm experiencing those problems in all my devices, including a desktop that's wired directly to the 2nd deco. Please advise on what to do. 

Options
Related Articles