Deco Mesh system connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Mesh system connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
90 Reply
Re:Deco Mesh system connection issues
2020-09-01 22:19:33

Same issue here as a lot of other people! Deco M9 plus, lost connection all the time on iPhone 11 and now my tcl tc won't connect. If I turn off WiFi and then back on it works for a bit and then does the same thing, very frustrating. All status lights are green on the deco and in the app says internet is good. I contacted support and all they could offer was to advise me to turn my phone off and then on again, lol! After a couple of months I've given up hope with this trash system! Luckily I got it at Costco, which will return anything. 

Options
2020-09-02 16:46:01

Just bought the deco m9 plus and just like everyone else, can not stay connected such a waste of money. I wish the would 1) New firmware to address connectivity issues or 2) Give everyone who bought this subpar, at best, product. Im highly frustrated with a mesh system that can't even function as a basic router. 

Options
2020-09-03 23:54:50

@Mike5213 I suggest you to return them ASAP, I bought 4 units and my internet connection is awful, on top of that, no customer support, it really sucks, save yourself.

Options
2020-09-24 12:15:24

@asciiid 

I have the same problem, I have the deco m5 and I have two appliances in my house that cannot connect to the grid, it is an air conditioner from the Mabe brand and an inverter for the solar panels, both see the grid but cannot connect.

Options
2020-10-02 20:54:27

@asciiid 

I have same problem with Deco M5 (1 base, 1 satelic) on my year old Zenbook.

I found out, that this problem will appear when Zenbook is connected on 5Ghz wifi (I am connected but no internet).

So I forced wifi adapter to connect to 2.4 only and EVERYTHING OK.

Options
2020-10-22 21:24:34

@TP-Link_Deco same issue with me here. Seems to be with router. I tried buying new modem. Switched out cables. Upset I can no longer return router. SMH. Horrible first experience with mesh routing.  Admit it is DECOs and FIX it. Accountability TP-Link

Options
2020-10-23 07:13:05

The same problem to me after upgrade my Mesh system. All my IP Cameras are not working, but IF I connect them to the Router wifi of my Telco provider they work fine

A tremendus problem and very awfull with Tplink regarding thi problem, Please fixed ASAP,

Options
2020-10-23 12:09:19

@Tonyperez    @Miguelllagran    @westfall 

Hello all, sorry to respond late.

For any issue you encountered with the Deco system, please firstly ensure you are running the latest firmware on your system.

If some devices still cannot connect to the Deco Wi-Fi network, try to change the security type on your Deco system to WPA2-AES or the mixed WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, reboot the system and confirm again.

If still no luck, please kindly provide us the model number of your Deco device, how are they connected to the network, how about the LED status when the internet disconnects, etc, the more details the better.

Thanks.

Options
2020-10-30 18:45:43

@asciiid 

I too have been experiencing the same problems with connectivity with Android phones and our TV. PCs seem to be OK.

I've just updated the firmware but still phones are losing connection. I have 3 x M4 Decos the main one connected to a BT hub. All was working fine initially but a few weeks ago started having problems as described by everyone else. This week my wife got a new Motorola phone and it keeps dropping out. Her old one didn't experience the problem

Everything is saying it's connected, solid blue lights on the M4s. It does come back on after a few minutes without having to turn the wifi on/off

Getting really annoying now, especially as it was working fine initially

Options
2020-11-24 02:37:57

@Robster59 hey mate appreciate your post on this as I am also having the same issues whereby I get random wireless dropouts across different devices.  I have disabled AV settings and to date it seems to be pretty stable and interestingly my speedtest results have improved, even connected via VPN.  I also noticed that my VPN would randomly drop out on my Samsung S20 and my son's iPhone.  If this continues I will log a case with TPLink and if they don't solve this, I will get a refund and look at alternative options.  

Options
Related Articles