Deco Mesh system connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Mesh system connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
90 Reply
Re:Deco Mesh system connection issues
2021-06-14 18:31:17

@TP-Link_Deco 

Due to a constant conflict with devices that were accumulating in my house, I decided to update my house with a Deco X60 system, so far it worked, the stability and speed of my network improved a lot, however there is a small problem, and that is that No device connected to the wifi network with WhatsApp installed downloads multimedia content, can you help me solve it?

Options
2021-08-03 23:09:30
Yeah i have debbuged only to find the same thing happen. Also if i disable the 5GHz network it works fine.
Options
2021-08-04 03:44:07

@adrianoenrico 

Hi, Could you mind providing more details about ‘the same thing happen’, the same issue as the subject or the last poster

Starting a new thread would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-04 14:29:47

@asciiid I got the Deco X90 a month ago and is facing the problem of connected to wifi without internet from time to time. It only happens to certain devices especially on the 2.4Ghz band. Have to keep restarting the Deco to solve the problem temporarily. Kept updating to the latest firmware hoping to solve this problem but still not happening. Did not face this problem before when using the X20 router but I needed the distance coverage which the router can't provide.

Options
2021-08-08 19:10:07

Just received a three pack of Deco E4 mesh routers today. Within 2 hours of set up it's quite clear that they're going back and I'll look to get something else. Devices can't maintain access to the internet despite wireless connection being uninterrupted. Even Netflix on the connected Amazon Firestick ran like a pig. iPhones, laptop, everything having problems. Get what you pay for, I suppose. Last time I had these problems was using any of the last three BT Homehubs whicch all pulled the same tricks, randomly dropping the internet connection without any warning or notification.  

Options
2021-09-11 08:13:33

Having issues with M4R V2 dropping phone connections. My device firmware is up to date. Main Deco connected to router in AP mode. Second unit connected to Main with Ethernet cable. Third unit connected to Main by WiFi.

@Support

My issues began when Phones upgraded to Android 11. As you should know, security has changed beginning with Android 11, and phones try to connect using WPA3 and a Signed Certificate, both of which TP-Link does not support. So as Long as TP-Link does npt support these, connection issues will remain a problem.

Kindly let us know how you propose to support the increased security threshold now required by device manufacturers.

Thanks,

J.

Options
2021-09-11 13:55:35

JackHammer wrote

Having issues with M4R V2 dropping phone connections. My device firmware is up to date. Main Deco connected to router in AP mode. Second unit connected to Main with Ethernet cable. Third unit connected to Main by WiFi.

My issues began when Phones upgraded to Android 11. As you should know, security has changed beginning with Android 11, and phones try to connect using WPA3 and a Signed Certificate

@JackHammer 

Are you sure this is the problem? I have Pixel 5 with Android 11 on my home network, which has Deco mesh M9/M5 in AP mode. Pixel 5 runs just fine, does not drop connections, also switches to closest node much faster than other smartphones I have with Android 9.

Force your Android 11 smartphone use device MAC address when connected to your Deco mesh WiFi network, see if that fixes connection issues.

Options
2021-09-11 15:38:24

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for your input, but I'm way past turning off Mac address spoofing. There are a variety of tests and changes of WiFI settings on phones I've performed to try and understand the issue. The M4R has less settings and features than your devices.

Since we have a variety of phones and Android versions connecting to my mesh, this issue is limited to three different manufacturer Phones all running Android 11.

The other three phone are android 10 (2) and android 9, these all work great and slide nicely from one node to other.

The devices having issues now, all worked perfectly prior to Android 11 upgrade.

Thanks.

J.

Options
2021-09-11 17:58:08

@JackHammer 

What makes you think issues your Android 11 smartphones experience is because of lack of WPA3 support in Deco? They should just use WPA2. I have Pixel 5 which came with Android 11, it runs fine on Deco mesh. It connected with WPA2.

I run my Deco mesh with all default settings, except I turned off dual band. I run Main Network on 5GHz only and all my smartphones connect to 5GHz always. Have you tried that, too?

Options
2021-09-11 18:56:05

Alexandre. wrote 

What makes you think issues your Android 11 smartphones experience is because of lack of WPA3 support in Deco? They should just use WPA2. I have Pixel 5 which came with Android 11, it runs fine on Deco mesh. It connected with WPA2.

@Alexandre. 

Research leads me to understand that the issue is based on Google changing security requirements from Android 11 forward. Search "android 11 wpa3 problem". There's are extensive articles on the subject. I don't have a pixel 5, so can't relate to your device. The connection problems started with our Pixel 4 after OTA to 11. Same with OnePlus Devices and Samsung as they were updated. Will test a Pixel 5 tomorrow. 

Alexandre. wrote

I run my Deco mesh with all default settings, except I turned off dual band. I run Main Network on 5GHz only and all my smartphones connect to 5GHz always. Have you tried that, too?

Tried turning off either band with same result, so not band related.

It's also not related to "Intelligently select best WiF", "Intelligent network Connection", or any other settings on the assortment of phones we have. 

Thanks.

Options
Related Articles