Deco M4 2-Pack Initial Setup fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-25 23:10:51
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: unknown

I have just purchased the Deco M4 twin pack to improve my wifi coverage.  Setup is very difficult.

I have followed the instructions and at the point where it says connecting to Deco_xyz it comes back and says it failed to connect to Deco_xyz

I have NBN FTTC and have the NBN modem and 2 x routers (telstra + fritzbox).  I have tried connecting the m4 directly to the NBN modem to take the 2 x routers out of the equation and the setup still fails.  

My android phone has no issue connecting to the Deco's wifi as part of the setup process. If i dont connect to the deco wifi as part of the setup process, it says that it has found multiple decos and then I can choose which m4 wifi to connect to on my phone, but it still fails the next step.

If I connect the m4 on my LAN, i can see it on the network (they will both get an IP address from my router).

I have tried setting them up without the ethernet connected but still fails.

Very tempted to return them as the setup is not very user friendly. 

Have tried the other suggestions - turn off bluetooth, no difference, turn of mobile data on phone - then you cant proceed pass the setup as you have to logon to tp-link's site to continue the setup.

any help greatly appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 593

Replies: 0

Related Articles