FEATURE REQUEST - Ability to switch manually to WiFi backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-26 10:05:43
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi!

Please, add the ability to choose the backhaul connection between modules!

All my P9s are at clear view distance of about 5 m, but it seems they've decided to use Powerline and that results in very poor speed =(

When i bougth them, I thought it would be great idea to use powerline, but it seems that something wrong with my wiring, and now I cannot even use them as a regular WiFi mesh...

And it would be great to see the properties (strength) of both links!)

Thank you!

Options
4 Reply
Re:FEATURE REQUEST - Ability to switch manually to WiFi backhaul
2020-02-01 09:05:35

@NKostin 

Hello, the powerline backhaul and wifi backhaul can work at the same time, for the ability to switch manually to wifi bakchaul, we have noted that and will forward it  to our product department.

Back to your issue, we can do some troubleshooting first.

1. What is the current network diagram/

2. What is the bandwidth you paid? And what is the speed you can get from the Deco units respectively?

3. Have you ever tried to change another sockets to test the performance?

Good day.

Options
2020-08-07 18:42:44

@NKostin your issue seems like the opposite problem of mine https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/220968?page=1

Regardless, I think the feature request is the same: allow separately enabling/disabling WiFi and Powerline backhaul.

Options
2020-08-07 18:48:00 - last edited 2020-08-07 18:50:17

Yep! We need an option to choose backhaul (or even a built-in backhaul speed test tool).

Options
2020-08-08 06:14:34

@NKostin I found this article. Firmware version 1.0.2 (beta) used to support telnetting into the Deco units, which would allow manual configuration of the backhaul options.  This no longer works in 1.1.0 unfortunately :(

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 802

Replies: 4