Camera Allows Local Only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Camera Allows Local Only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Camera Allows Local Only
Camera Allows Local Only
2020-01-27 10:45:12
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

I recently moved houses, and I decided to try using the wireless network instead of the wired network this time.

I pressed the button on the back of the camera and also the button on the router to connect the devices. I was able to view the footage on my phone, using the app with no setting changes. Partial success.

However it was a bit slow, and also said Local Only.

When I'm not at home I cannot connect, and the cloud website does not pick up the connection.

I moved the camera and plugged it in via ethernet, but still get the same issue, local only. When I go to the IP address I'm warned not to proceed as the site is unsecured. Any advice please.

TLDR, stuck on local only, IP connection with camera warns of unsecured connection HTTP only.

Thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Camera Allows Local Only
2020-02-12 10:17:05
Please check if the account is logged in on tpCamera app and bind the camera (enable remote control). Turn off the router firewall; or restart/reset the front-end router. In addition, please don't worry if the web interface shows unsecured, it is because the interface is http, actually it can only be accessed in the same LAN.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2441

Replies: 1

Related Articles