Deco M4 - Everythig working ok accept whats app! Odd problem, can anyone help?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 - Everythig working ok accept whats app! Odd problem, can anyone help?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
27 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - Everythig working ok accept whats app! Odd problem, can anyone help?
2020-11-20 23:30:34
Did you find any solution? Same problem and it's doing my head in!
Options
Re:Deco M4 - Everythig working ok accept whats app! Odd problem, can anyone help?
2020-11-20 23:31:56
Any solution? Same issue here
Options
2021-01-25 09:30:19

I am also having issues with whatsapp and two M9's

issues:

on iphone-only:              it permanently shows 'connecting' and messaging in the background doesn't work.
On android and iphone: voice and video calling don't work.

I tried:
turning beamforming and antivirus off, switching AP between router modes

Please provide some help how to solve this issue

Thank you

home-network layout:
In NL ISP = t-mobile, router provided by ISP as gateway and mesh for wifi.

| = wired connection
'' = wireless
               TV     XBOX                          RaspberryPI
                 |         |                                         |
Internet - {ISP ROUTER} - {DECO1}''''''{DECO2} '''''''''' [iphone's, android's, laptops]

Options
2021-01-25 16:36:43

@maxideco Hi! I had the same issue some months ago on a Deco X20 3-pack. After a recent firmware update on the Decos, Whatsapp is working fine on the iPhones and the iOS updates are also working. 

I don't know if the firmware is different between each Deco model.

I have the antivirus off, Fast Roaming Disabled, Beamforming Enabled, IPv4 Dynamic IP, IPv6 Disabled, QoS in standard mode.

I hope this works!

Options
2021-01-27 21:09:15 - last edited 2021-03-01 00:09:12

@MarkN @TP-Link_Deco 

!!Solved!!

between Router and AP2 I had a switch that i forgot to mention.

I replaced this switch with a new one and since then everything works like a charm.

=======

Is there a solution already??

I have (2x) M9 in AP mode and experience the same issue with one of mine deco M9 AP.

Everything works fine except WhatsApp video/call

Model                      : Deco M9 
Hardware Version   : V1
Firmware Version    : 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 75286
ISP                          : Ziggo
Configuration          : Access Points
Network diagram    : Modem (Ziggo) --> Router (ASUS RT-AC87U) --> 1. AP (Deco M9) no problems 
                                                                                                            --> 2. AP (Deco M9) can't Whatsapp video/call 

Connection              : Wired (to router)

Fastroaming            : On/Off makes no difference
Beamforming          : On/Off makes no difference
Tested on                : Samsung S9, Samsung A5, Motorola E6

I have changed the AP to router mode and reset the device many times, also reinstall the latest firmware but without solving the problem.
both AP have the same firmware and configuration, but only one AP gives the problem.

Options
2021-01-27 21:56:12

@Elgato77 

Still no solution as far as I'm aware. 

Shocking considering the cost and all of the glowing reviews. 

I'm disappointed in the solution, but haven't had the time to pursue any deeper... 

In my case I frequently (constantly after I don't know - 10 mins) that "whatsapp is using mobile data". 

Hard to say if issues are masked on laptop etc, if perhaps a brief drop out, but I get it sitting within 1 metre of the deco, and not moving anywhere in the room, let alone moving closer to a different deco. 

Something strange going on. 

Samsung s9+ phone. 

Options
2021-02-02 16:58:39

@RMarquez 

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I am on the latest version

Options
2021-04-01 03:16:18

@MarkN @TP-Link_Deco  Same problem whatsapp calls and video dont work. Deco M5, latest firmware. irritating.

Options
2021-04-06 09:31:40

@RohanJ 

Hi, I would like to follow up on your case on email and please help me check on the following information:

1.Would there be an error message on whatsapp?

2. What is the model number and operating system of your smartphone? and did all the mobile phones connected to the Deco could not use whatsapp?

3.Did you set up any parental control rules for the mobile devices and how about turning off the antivirus on the Deco temporarily?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-30 13:56:24 - last edited 2021-06-30 13:58:02

@MarkN 

I am also having the same issue and when I researched a lot on net I have found out about this GBWhatsApp and after using it my problem got solved.

Options
Related Articles