[ Feature Requests ] Kasa Software for TP Link Cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-31 22:26:46

Hi.

I am very pleased with my new TP Link Cameras, and would like to purchase more in the future.

After using the Kasa App with the cameras for a few weeks now, and seeing other apps for other brands of camera,

I would like to put in official requests for the app, to hopefully be considered for addition in the future:

1: An optional Date & Time overlay on the video, which could be selected to show in varios areas of the screen (bottom left, top left, bottom right etc etc)

2: The current setting to limit notifications to 5 minutes is too long. In 5 minutes someone could have stolen something and be gone.

This setting needs changing with multiple options, Perhaps a slider or drop down box from 0 to 5 mins with 30 second settings,

so for example:  0, 0:30, 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, 2.30  etc etc. 

3: An option to take a stil image/snapshot of the video, in the same way there is a button to take a manual video.

4: A 50hz option so you do not get flicker from some LED lights in the UK. (I noticed with with another brand which gave a 60hz and 50hz option)

5: Some control over colour/exposure as the image, whilst very good, can be a little oversaturated.

6: When you get a notification on your mobile, is it possible to have a snapshot image in the norification as you get with Nest Cameras ?

7: An option to use Phone Location to turn on/off your cameras. So you can set it up to turn camera's on when you leave home and off when you are home.

This would need to work in conjunction with the Schedule. Exactly the same way the Google/Nest camera app can do both.

8: Be able to control Camera's within Scenes as you can with the Smart Sockets.

9: Option for a "Dark Mode" for the app, as many apps are now doing, and Android now supports officially.

10: When releasing the UK Cloud service, offer a Home deal, perhaps up to 10 cameras? for a single resonable cost

And not charge per Camera.  Google/Nest are about to offer such a cloud plan for unlimited cameras for £50 a year for Event Video History.

It would be nice to see TP Link offer the same to loyal Kasa Cam owners.

Thank you for reading.

I hope these suggestions can be considered.

Also would be nice to hear other forums members views on my list of feature request suggestions :)

Options
3 Reply
Re:[ Feature Requests ] Kasa Software for TP Link Cameras
2020-02-12 08:57:02
Thank you so much for all those valuable feedbacks! We will forward them to related department. Besides, regarding the point 7, do you mean turn the camera off completely? actually once the camera is powered on, it will lose contact with the cloud, so I am afraid it will not respond when you want to turn it back on via the App. Have a nice day!
Options
2020-02-14 17:49:21

@SnaffyNoo 

After living with multiple Kasa Cameras for a few weeks now.

Of all the suggestions I had for adding useful features to the app.

The one most important new feature I feel must be added, is a more variable delay between alert detection.

Right now, we have no delay, which can mean an alert virtually every minute which can be far too much.

Or we can select 5 minutes, which is way too long, as someone could break in, steal items and be out of your home within 5 minutes.

We need more settings, perhaps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 minutues.

Or perhaps a slider from 0 to 10 mins, which the user can then select what time they would like.

Really need this to be added.

Thank you

Options
2020-02-15 07:02:11

@SnaffyNoo 

Thanks for the detailed explanation and feedback for the alert detection feature. We will forward it to related department to evaluate. Please focus on our official website.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 957

Replies: 3